Summer 2007 Dreaming

Thank You, DCI!

With that beautifully complete schedule I can actually stop dreaming and start picking and planning!

First show for me: June 23, 2007 - Brockton, MA! ... small show, only 5 corps right now ... Vision Elite, 7th Regiment, Citations, Spartans, Targets ... but I will be quite happy if it is just these. :)

Then I think I will go the Westminster, MD Show on June 29th ... Div I (Blue Knights, Boston Crusaders, Crown, Cadets, Crossmen, Phantom) with Spartans. Alas, was hoping for Surf, too.

Usually I attend the Adirondack Drums at Edward/Glens Falls, NY, ... 7th Regiment, Boston Crusaders, Cadets, Crown, Crossmen, Dutch Boy, Spartans, Teal Sound... nice line-up ... though it is on July 2nd, so this may or may not happen depending on my 4th of July family plans. I am happy that Teal is coming north so early in the season and that Dutch Boy will be there this year.

Same holiday conflict problem with Bugler's Holiday (Spartan's Home Show) on July 3rd in Nashua, NH ... Blue Knights, Boston Crusaders, Citations, Phantom Regiment, Spartans, Teal Sound. I really enjoyed this show last year with the grandkids, so I am hoping this will be a go.

I am definately planning to attend the East Coast Classic (Boston's Homeshow) on July 6th in Lawrence, MA, this year ... Blue Knights, Crusaders, Cadets, Carolina Crown, Crossmen, Phantom Regiment, Spartans, Teal Sound. I like it!

The Youth on Parade Show on July 7th in Springfield, MA is unfortunately a no go again for me this year. This time it is due to the last DCI Eastern Classic at J. Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown on Saturday & Sunday, July 7-8, 2007. I can't miss this one.

I like the Drum Corps On The Thames (7th Regiment's Home Show) in New London, CT, and this date, July 14th, should work well for me. I may end up bringing a carload of band boys to this one as there is, sadly, no Bridgeport DCI Show this year. Nice full line-up: Vision Elite, 7th Regiment, Citations, Dutch Boy, Jersey Surf, Raiders, Spartans, Spirit of Newark/New Jersey, St. John's, Targets. I get to see the New Jersey corps for this one!

After this, I am going to have to take a break for a bit from drum corps before I pack it off to the West. If all goes well with my preliminary plans I will be at the Drums of Fire Show in Salem, OR, on July 30, 2007 ... Blue Devils B, Citations, Fever, Jersey Surf, Oregon Crusaders, Spartans, Spokane Thunder, Vanguard Cadets. Oh, Yeah!

The rest of it I have to think about. I plan to do some camping in the northwest. I used to live there a few years back and I want to see some of the old sites again. See how much has changed. Get lost in the beauty again.

Maybe I will go to the Divison I Show in Portland on August 2nd.

After that I have to decide between the Div II /III Focus weekend or the Stanford Show.

Hmmm ... well this does not have to be decided here and now.

I suspect the Div II/III will win out, though. Just need a time and a place.

I am hoping to be able to take my little buddy along with me again this year and, if so, he and I are going over maps and camps and shows and stuff together at a later time. I discovered last summer he has a love of geography ... as well as a love for drum corps.

Then on to the main event. Pasadena here we come! :D

It is looking like 2007 is a dream of a summer !

Too cool :) Sometimes it sucks not being in the U.S.... or close to it.

That's weird... Cascades and Crusaders won't be at any of the same shows this year. I don't think that's EVER happened in the last 5 years, if not longer. But I guess with finals in Pasedena, it sort of changes everything. But it's good news for drum corps fans in the Northwest, a big div I show AND div II/III shows with several corps competing! Much better than the usual five or six we get up here. But it'll be sad not seeing my friends from the other corps at shows. At least until finals, of course.

These are the shows I'll probably go to...

6/23 Brockton

7/1 Rome, NY

7/3 Nashua or Bristol

7/4 Beverly

7/6 Lawrence (how did i forget?? it's right up the road)

7/14 New London

Probably Nashua over Bristol, as the Div I corps from Bristol will be in Beverly (and it's way closer to home), and I love that show so I'll probably go. Not sure about Rome yet, though I do love the early day II/III followed by the evening div I.

It's weird to be able to GO to shows to watch...and not have the Malden show to go to. I guess I really have to wait and see where all the ECJers are marching, so I can schedule them in...

I have the feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of money on corps this summer.

Edited by mello_laurel

When you look at some of these shows, you do see a big empty space where East Coast Jazz should be. :(

Rome and Hornell are always possibilities for me, depending on my schedule and DCI's. Hornell is mid-week which can be problematic for me, but it looks like the first Div I show I could actually attend. Beverly is a big drive and I have not been to the Beanpot in many years.

Rome is on July 1st and may have the same problems with being part of the holiday weekend for me as several other shows. Does the Rome show have the same format this year? I'm not sure. It does has a nice Div II/III line-up.

If I do go to Westminster (I stay and attend with friends for this one) as planned, I may take in the Clifton, NJ show the next day ... they have Surf.

Lawrence may be a stretch for me with Allentown the next day, but if my grandkids can go with me, I'll do it. I have to work their camp and vacation schedule into the mix.

It is still up in the air as to whether I am driving cross-country, in which case I will stop at a couple of shows in the middle of the country. I'll only drive if my grandson can come with me and we work out the itinerary together. My daughter has a family vacation ... (which does not involve drum corps ... can you imagine?) ... planned for July. Otherwise I am going to fly to the northwest and rent gear and a vehicle for the western part of my trip.

I also have to get the time off from my boss ... I work for myself and I'm a nose-to-the-grindstone task master. My daughter says I should retire ... and do what with all that time, my dear?

She actually said once that I could just follow the bus fumes. :)

ah ... summer dreaming ....

Day 1 of Allentown:

July 7, 2007

Boston Crusaders

The Cadets

Carolina Crown

Jersey Surf

Madison Scouts

Pacific Crest

Phantom Regiment

Santa Clara Vanguard

Southwind

Spirit from JSU

Troopers

Div 2 Represent B)

wow, there'll be 3 shows here in Modesto.....

except, i won't be here, lol. i'm moving to texas in january.

true to that :)