Bill Semeyn Passes

J.C.

Hopefullt some of his Drum Corp bretheren will be there to play "Taps". It would be a shame if it was pre-recorded

Wow...I haven't checked the forums in quite sometime. Bill was a relaly awesome person. I was the lone "youngin" most rides up to Wi for Kampz and he and the other guys allways made me feel soo welcome. H eused to tell me old corps stories and tell me that I reminded him of some person or another that he marched with through the years. He will be missed. I live only 20 min or so from Ft. Custer. I'll be there...and if anyone else is comin up this way...and needs a place to stay...we don't have much...but there is allways floor space and a futon for some weary drum corps travellers. Let me know if anyone else is going to be there. WWBD

Dawn Estep

Americanos Sop '00 Contra '01

Colts Contra '02

GLASSMEN Lead Bari '03

Kilties Euph '04

Kilties Mello '05

Car accident '06

Kilties Kontra '07

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

assuming my wife is not in labor, i will be there. I will try to find out about the taps issue. I could do it on a bari, but my sop chops are not worthy...

Calling all trolls! Would it be possible to get a contingent of kilties together to play Syne at bill's funeral? It's just a thought.

Edited by BUCKINGFRONCO

• 5 months later...

Thank you to all of those who have shared kind words regarding my dad. He is, Im sure in a better place. As you all know his energy toward anything he did, was to the maximum. He was a loving father and friend to those who knew him. He was so proud to march with the different D&B corps over the years. He would gladly share his experience and knowledge with anyone. My sister and I miss him greatly.

Dr. Jeff Semeyn

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

I used to march against Bill in juniors (I was a Lancer, Bill a Green Hornet) in the 60's and later we marched together in the Kilties Sr. We were part of the Mich Trolls (Bill, his brother Gary, Aldo, Maury and Me) Later we added Buzz and Preacher. I consider getting to know Bill one of the greatest pleasures in my life. We had a tight little group and enjoyed many a road trip in his truck to Racine. I am grateful that I got to see Bill last year at DCA and say hi. I did not know he was sick. Drum corps is less one drum corps god. Rest in peace. WWBD. :ph34r:

Kemo