NY Skyliners announce Percussion Caption Head

November 22, New York City:

The NY Skyliners are proud to name Pat Vazquez 2007 Percussion Battery Caption Head. Pat marched with the NY Skyliners in the past and we are happy to welcome him home. Pat also marched with the 1998 Reading championship drumline as well as with the Crossman and the Caballeros.

The NY Skyliners are happy to announce Chris Correia as the assistant Battery Caption Head. Chris was the arranger for the Nashua Spartans as well as an arranger for numerous other marching bands.

The NY Skyliners would also like to welcome back John Arietano to the NY Skyliner family as the horn instructor. John has been self-employed as a full time as a Music Arranger and Instructor since the mid-seventies.

John has performed as a soprano soloist with a number of the senior corps that he has taught/written for…Caballeros, Skyliners, Sunrisers, Volunteers and Westshoremen…and has won numerous Best Soloist awards at competitions throughout the years.

In 2000 John was awarded the prestigious DCA Best Soloist Award at the DCA Finals in Syracuse, NY.

The list of titles won by corps in which John was working with in the various capacities of Show Coordinator and/or Music Arranger/Instructor include both State and National American Legion titles, DC Midwest, the National Dream Championship, DCA Mini-Corps, and nine DCA Championship Titles (Caballeros, Skyliners, Sunrisers and Westshoremen).

On August 31, 1996, John was inducted into the DCA World Drum Corps Hall of Fame in recognition of his long list of accomplishments and contributions to the Drum & Bugle Corps activity.

A Big NY Skyliners Welcome to all three gentlemen. ^0^

Edited by Contra Joe

November 22, New York City:

The NY Skyliners are proud to name Pat Vazquez 2007 Percussion Battery Caption Head. Pat marched with the NY Skyliners in the past and we are happy to welcome him home. Pat also marched with the 1998 Reading championship drumline as well as with the Crossman and the Caballeros.

The NY Skyliners are happy to announce Chris Correia as the assistant Battery Caption Head. Chris was the arranger for the Nashua Spartans as well as an arranger for numerous other marching bands.

The NY Skyliners would also like to welcome back John Arietano to the NY Skyliner family as the horn instructor. John has been self-employed as a full time as a Music Arranger and Instructor since the mid-seventies.

John has performed as a soprano soloist with a number of the senior corps that he has taught/written for…Caballeros, Skyliners, Sunrisers, Volunteers and Westshoremen…and has won numerous Best Soloist awards at competitions throughout the years.

In 2000 John was awarded the prestigious DCA Best Soloist Award at the DCA Finals in Syracuse, NY.

The list of titles won by corps in which John was working with in the various capacities of Show Coordinator and/or Music Arranger/Instructor include both State and National American Legion titles, DC Midwest, the National Dream Championship, DCA Mini-Corps, and nine DCA Championship Titles (Caballeros, Skyliners, Sunrisers and Westshoremen).

On August 31, 1996, John was inducted into the DCA World Drum Corps Hall of Fame in recognition of his long list of accomplishments and contributions to the Drum & Bugle Corps activity.

A Big NY Skyliners Welcome to all three gentlemen. ^0^

To see our growing staff click here. It is becoming very evil!!! ^0^

welcome back Pat and John and welcome to the family chris

WOOT WOOT!!!!

Alot of good things going on at Sky these days. Best of luck to the corps in 2007! Look forward to seeing you!

Skyliners 1986-90, 1995, 2003 (my 20th anniversary :) )

Greg, good to hear from you. You planning on coming down to the open house on December 3rd? Stop in and say hi and bring your sticks as we all love to multi task these days. ^0^

Whoa I haven't seen Chris Correia since 2000 when he was arranger/caption head at Generations. He will be a FANTASTIC addition to your team

Go get em Chris,

Your Canadian buddy with the same last name,

Chris is AWESOME - I marched with him in Renegades last summer and I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE HIM AGAIN!!!! I never imagined we would be working with the same corps this summer.

If I dug boys, I would be with Chris. I know, I know....I say that to all the guys... ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Not only are those of you that march Skyliners this year going to learn a lot, get better and increase the knowledge you already have - I know I'm going to also, just getting to be a part of this awesome staff.

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

9 DAYS!!!!!

Edited by SaraNYC