What are we looking for in Div III

tran

Yamato, Dutch Boy, Spokane Thunder, Citations.....clearly in no order...but yeah....I think this is all very possible.

I'd agree with this, having seen Citations last year, and knowing what Spokane and Yamato are capable of. And of course I know Dutch from first hand experience so I'm confident they will be challenging for a top spot this year. Should be an interesting summer.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't forget about HYPE - we beat Citations a few times this summer and only lost out of semi's by .45 to Citations.....we're bigger, badder, and better then ever!!!!!!

Go HYPE and all the other D3 corps heading out next summer.

Yamato, Dutch Boy, Spokane Thunder, Citations.....clearly in no order...but yeah....I think this is all very possible.

Interesting. Honestly, unless Yamato changes their show style (the original shows just aren't cutting it... not enough time for it to develop properly with the small tour schedule), I don't think they will hit the top spot. If Raiders, Fever, and Impulse all go/return to division II, then I'm thinking Dutch Boy would be a very strong contender. Spokane too if they can get a decent sized color guard on the field. Another corps to look for would be Mystikal. They have a very tight visual program going over there I think.

Edited by bari_benzo

First off, at prelims, we edged out HYPE by 0.45 but at semis we jumped 2.9 points.

Just wanted to ay that as a member of citations, we're going to be better than ever this year.

Why?

Because we no longer have to soder together parts of broken horns to make working ones. YAY!

So HYPE, Dutch Boy and the others better watch out.

Oh, and thanks for the contras last year HYPE, ours kinda literally fell apart in our hands! :P

Edited by codfish

Since you are new...I'll give you this advice....it would be wise to not post about your corps saying things like "watch out so and so". it's not good form. if you're excited about the season that's a good thing, just watch the way you word it.

Eddie, I never said Yamato was going to win, although I'd love to see it happen. yamato is always one of my favorite corps and I feel as though they've been "robbed" more than once. even though you think they won't win with another original show (which we don't know the program yet, correct? or did I miss it?) you would agree that they will most likely fall in the top 4, wouldn't you?

Eddie, I never said Yamato was going to win, although I'd love to see it happen. yamato is always one of my favorite corps and I feel as though they've been "robbed" more than once. even though you think they won't win with another original show (which we don't know the program yet, correct? or did I miss it?) you would agree that they will most likely fall in the top 4, wouldn't you?

no doubt. I would love to Yamato hit that top spot, and us folks behind the corps do everything we can to make sure Yamato puts out a great show. My role now is no more than a web admin, but that's beside the point. However, with how the corps operates and rehearses, it's going to be difficult (it is every year) to convince the judges that what we put out in two weeks is a championship caliber show. We have some great people writing our shows, and some great people teaching it, but we still haven't been able to figure out exactly how to make these shows reach their full potential... but that's the difficulty behind having a corps of two languages.

I think now that in order for an original show to do well, it needs time to develop, and I don't think two weeks is enough time.

And yeah, we don't know yet what the show is. The only PRs on hold right now are announcements for workshops and auditions... which I hope go public soon.

First off, at prelims, we edged out HYPE by 0.45 but at semis we jumped 2.9 points.

Just wanted to ay that as a member of citations, we're going to be better than ever this year.

Why?

Because we no longer have to soder together parts of broken horns to make working ones. YAY!

So HYPE, Dutch Boy and the others better watch out.

Oh, and thanks for the contras last year HYPE, ours kinda literally fell apart in our hands! :P

i will agree w/ my corps mate from citations we did beat out hype .45 but that was last year anything could happen this year and i think its still to eary to tell who is gona come out on top. by the end of June i think it will be ovious who is gona be gunning for the top spot.

Edited by mackdrummer

According to the numbers at the Raider's open house, it looks to be heading for Div II. That is, according to the numbers. Just my 2 cents.

i will agree w/ my corps mate from citations we did beat out hype .45 but that was last year anything could happen this year and i think its still to eary to tell who is gona come out on top. by the end of June i think it will be ovious who is gona be gunning for the top spot.

As a member of the Citations for the 2007 year, once again, I agree with that this year in div. 2/3 (especially div. 3) that it'll be one interesting year with so many corps improving. However, from what I learned this past summer, I'm pretty sure that by the end of June we WON'T know whos "gunning for the top spot." =)

I think that will be saved for at least finals week, if not later. :beer: