Madison Scouts Announce Kevin Nix as Program Consultant

Madison Scouts Announce Program Consultant

The Madison Scouts are pleased to announce that Kevin Nix has been hired as program consultant for the 2007 season. “Kevin’s track record of success in the pageantry world speaks for itself. When it became apparent that we had a chance to get him on-board, we knew that it was an opportunity we would be foolish to pass up,” stated Executive Director Jeff Spanos. “He fills an important role on our design team and we’re extremely excited to be working with him.”

Kevin Nix distinguishes himself as an artist with unusual versatility toward marching band and musical visual art. Nix received his Bachelor of Arts in Music Education with a minor in Trumpet studies from the University of Oklahoma, studying with Gene Thrailkill, William Wakefield and Roland Barrett. His collaborative efforts with many high school bands and color guards throughout the country have helped mentor programs toward higher standards and establish him as one of the respected designers of recent years.

Nix has been an Associate Director of Bands and Visual Coordinator at Ronald Reagan HS in San Antonio, TX, for the past seven years. He is an adjudicator for Bands Of America and Drum Corps International and has served on local panels for marching band and winter guard. Groups with which he has worked have been the Texas State Marching Band champions and Bands of America Grand National Finalists.

ABOUT THE MADISON SCOUTS

Founded in 1938, the Madison Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps is a non-profit youth organization known for developing energetic, powerful and crowd-pleasing shows. Since its inception, the corps has been committed to providing a meaningful, positive and life-changing experience to young men ages 16-22. The corps’ commitment to excellence serves as the foundation for its ultimate goal of preparing members to be successful, contributing members of society. To learn more about the Madison Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps or to volunteer, call 608-837-0707, e-mail Executive Director Jeff Spanos at jeffspanos@madisonscouts.org or visit www.madisonscouts.org.

I am glad they are pleasing you, I will talk to Mark and Jeff and see if we can't make sure that all news can be passed through the channels of DCP before it is posted on the website, that way it reaches the approval of everyone.

I think this is a great idea!

Ok, now I am just being sarcastic, I apologize.

Oh, and for those of us that only get our news on DCP, this information about Mr. Nix has been posted on the Madison website since November 18, 2006.

Oh, and for those of us that only get our news on DCP, this information about Mr. Nix has been posted on the Madison website since November 18, 2006.

We are all fans.

If not we would nt be on this site.

sometimes people dont have the time to browse through all corps web sites for news.

thats why its so important to have sites like DCP.

to the corps that do post news here.

thanks

CHEZ

We are all fans.

sometimes people dont have the time to browse through all corps web sites for news.

thanks

CHEZ

Pretty cool when Al Chez backs you up, huh, Todd? Oh, you most likely wouldn't know.

We are all fans.

thanks

CHEZ

Madison is one of those corps.

Tom, I am sorry if I come off as a #####, but what do you mean about me not knowing what it means to have Chez "backing you up" as you put it. Is that to assume that I do not know who he is, which I do, or what?

I was simply making a sarcastic remark about a comment about "now this is news."

Is your comment intending to make me feel bad for being sarcastic about the news that Madison posted, and me talking about it being pleasing to people.

I am sorry if I offended you with my comment, or if I offended people that use DCP as a source of corps news, that was not my intention.

I was simply making a sarcastic remark about peoples opinion of "news" and the fact that this "news" was not even new, although to many it is, since more than 2 weeks after it was announced it made its way to DCP.

I was not meaning to make negative remarks about people that utilize DCP as a source of information that do not have the time to, or choose not to go to individual corps sites for news.

Again, I was simply making a sarcastic remark about this news "update" pleasing people.

Tom, I am sorry if I come off as a #####, but what do you mean about me not knowing what it means to have Chez "backing you up" as you put it. Is that to assume that I do not know who he is, which I do, or what?

I was simply making a sarcastic remark about a comment about "now this is news."

Is your comment intending to make me feel bad for being sarcastic about the news that Madison posted, and me talking about it being pleasing to people.

I am sorry if I offended you with my comment, or if I offended people that use DCP as a source of corps news, that was not my intention.

I was simply making a sarcastic remark about peoples opinion of "news" and the fact that this "news" was not even new, although to many it is, since more than 2 weeks after it was announced it made its way to DCP.

I was not meaning to make negative remarks about people that utilize DCP as a source of information that do not have the time to, or choose not to go to individual corps sites for news.

Again, I was simply making a sarcastic remark about this news "update" pleasing people.

You make me sleepy...so many words...Homer needs a nap.

Dohhhhhnuuttttttzzz