Cadets

I could tell that the corps was working their butts off, and there was a lot of talent there.

I agree 100%. I don't believe I've heard anyone on DCP or in real life even hint otherwise.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't at all clear from your original post on the matter.

Where? Believe me, I didn't say anything...I promise.

(OK, I might have laughed at the Atlanta show when the singer started to sing in the ballad, but that was involuntarily caused by how absolutely ridiculous it sounded. [The situation, not her. She was incredibly talented for someone of such a young age, if I do say so myself. But drum corps is not the appropriate medium in which to express this talent, in my opinion.])

Edited by Hrothgar15

I'm dying to find out, myself.

I'm assuming it is.

What right does a corp have to offend me in such a profound way, a way that was not socially polite…

You make it sound like the Cadets just killed your puppy. What was impolite about it? Did the bass line march up into the stands and threaten you with a syncopated beating if you didn't recite that section of the Pledge word for word? Like it or not, that phrase is an accepted portion of Pledge, and so they have every right to say every word. Listen to the recording from Finals and you'll hear a large portion of the audience cheer when they say it. Plus, I find it hard to believe that was the first time you encountered it.

Are you offended at ever major league baseball game during the 7th inning stretch when they sing "God Bless America"?

Or when the members of Congress sang it on the steps of the Capitol after 9/11?

Or when you withdrawl money from the ATM and see the dastardly phrase printed all over?

Did Crown's "angel" themed show bother you as well?

I find stuff like this unbelievably annoying. No one has been persecuted for not saying the Pledge. No one is being forced to say the Pledge. And yet people have such a need to find something to complain about, that they will claim stuff like this is "offensive".

[/soapbox]

Back on topic. :)

I'm assuming it is.

You make it sound like the Cadets just killed your puppy. What was impolite about it? Did the bass line march up into the stands and threaten you with a syncopated beating if you didn't recite that section of the Pledge word for word? Like it or not, that phrase is an accepted portion of Pledge, and so they have every right to say every word. Listen to the recording from Finals and you'll hear a large portion of the audience cheer when they say it. Plus, I find it hard to believe that was the first time you encountered it.

Are you offended at ever major league baseball game during the 7th inning stretch when they sing "God Bless America"?

Or when you withdrawl money from the ATM and see the dastardly phrase printed all over?

I find stuff like this unbelievably annoying. No one has been persecuted for not saying the Pledge. No one is being forced to say the Pledge. And yet people have such a need to find something to complain about, that they will claim stuff like this is "offensive".

[/soapbox]

By the way, I regard the pledge as one of the greatest moments in the Cadets' history. I think their 2002 show is probably the most emotional show ever put on the field.

First of all,

Many of you are becoming and acting very immature. I do not understand why we are debating something that we really do not know nearly enough about to have an educated debate. Seriously, Hop and the design team has released ONE SONG and a TITLE of the show...THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!! Nothing else, but people are guessing and criticizing just for the sake of doing that because they have nothing better to do. I couldn't care less honestly because the Cadets will perform a great show no matter what, and I might be one of the only people that believe that, but oh well. I just really wish that all of you who care SOOOO much and are soo ANGERED by the Cadets care THIS MUCH about the current situation of the United States of America or the world for that matter. Maybe all that ANGER, ACTIVISM, and BS could be used to stop child labor, the war in Iraq, global poverty, but NO you all just ##### and moan about a SHOW that hasn't even been created entirely yet. Let's wait to see what happens in 2007 when we know enough. Until then...let's criticize, #####, moan, and complain about shows that are already completed.

Happy Holidays to you all!

By the way, I regard the pledge as one of the greatest moments in the Cadets' history. I think their 2002 show is probably the most emotional show ever put on the field.

Interesting seeing as how it's voice. It's not even musical.

I'm assuming it is.

[/soapbox]

Thank GOD! Someone said this!!!!! Seriously, I cannot believe that people are UPSET about the Cadets doing anything political like that, oh wait, it is NOT political at all. Saying that you are AMERICAN doesn't mean anything! I think it is a GREAT thing, especially since the roots of Drum Corps is just that: AMERICAN! GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THE CADETS WHO ARE NOT AFRAID OF LAZY BLOGGERS!

You know what else it isn't? Amplified.

So if they gave a guy in the pit a microphone that year and had him recite it, would it still be one of the greatest moments in Cadets history?