Bring 3 Friends...

Brent

"Bring 3 friends... because 2 will suck." These are the infamous words of our beloved Program Coordinator, Joel Matuzak.

Joel always gives a speech on DCA Finals day after our rehearsal, but before the show. We hold the value that if you have years to march in junior corps that you should go march as many years as you can, but make sure you bring 3 friends to Open House.....because 2 will suck. In that way, the corps will perpetuate itself. We also encourage people to take the pride and discipline from MBI to that junior corps, BUT then to come back and give back to the organization that gave you so many opportunities.

The time is now to bring 3 friends to the MBI Open House this Saturday December 16 from 4-9pm.

Please rsvp at our website so we have your name tag waiting and enough snacks for all attendees:

http://mnbrassinc.org/news/openhouse07.html

Make sure you are dressed to march (drum and horns) or dance(colorguard)!

Isn't it true? Bring 3 friends because 2 will suck. See you and your friends there this Saturday.

create peace,

Brent

Edited by Brent

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bring 3 friends... because 2 will suck." These are the infamous words of our beloved Program Coordinator, Joel Matuzak.

Brent

:rolleyes:

I'm hoping this quote by Joel was taken out of context ... infamous indeed!!! Do you realise you're implying that 66% of your recruits will suck? If any of them read this post, what will they be thinking?

Perhaps something a little more positive would be helpful and suit your needs.

:lol:

Edited by mellowing

But it's true, in some regards. They may be talented, but they may suck by leaving you stranded when they stop showing up or something like that. Everyone knows that you won't retain everyone you recruit.

:lol:

I'm hoping this quote by Joel was taken out of context ... infamous indeed!!! Do you realise you're implying that 66% of your recruits will suck? If any of them read this post, what will they be thinking?

Perhaps something a little more positive would be helpful and suit your needs.

:rolleyes:

I think it is a humorous way to say:

MBI wants 200 people at our open house to share the special love and commaraderie that we know is ours. To ensure the quality into perpetuity of MBI, bring 3 of your friends. It is a great way to introduce drum corps to NORMAL musicians. The intensity and sacrifice to do drum corps is immeasurable to most musicians and they will probably will not be as passionate as you. (isn't this boring, heady material?)

Better off just to say, "bring 3 friends....you know why."

I think it is a humorous way to say:

MBI wants 200 people at our open house to share the special love and commaraderie that we know is ours. To ensure the quality into perpetuity of MBI, bring 3 of your friends. It is a great way to introduce drum corps to NORMAL musicians. The intensity and sacrifice to do drum corps is immeasurable to most musicians and they will probably will not be as passionate as you. (isn't this boring, heady material?)

Better off just to say, "bring 3 friends....you know why."

:)

I usually have a good sense of humour but this seemed a bit harsh. You wrote the post and you know what your intention was. It might be interpreted in many ways. Thanks for setting the record straight. It makes a lot more sense to me now.

^OO^

Yes, the quote was taken out of context.... :-)

but, isn't it kind of fun to say, "bring 3 friends, because you know that two of them will suck?"

I like it. But that's just me.