Bridgemen finish their "own" History

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Great stuff. Thanks for the link. What a great history and continuing into the future!

Thanks for allowing us to relive those magical years! Great job! Go bananas! :doh:

This thread might be best received in the "Historical" section. Yes???

ugh... maybe.. I guess I put it here for the younger folks to see.

Nowadays we just get looked at as an old person's alumni corps (although my wife keeps tellin me I act like I'm 12). We were once young and kickin' arse in the junior corps curcuit!! and for God's sake it wasn't that long ago!!!!!!!!!

Ah, don't feel too bad John. We at the Madison Alumni Reunion Project felt pretty

young as well (despite our true ages) and had a blast performing. It's wonderful to see that you guys will

be continuing in that vain to the delight of many audiences! By the way, I met one of your

guys - Jim Reilly. He came out to watch our last rehearsal and performance. Great

guy. His brother Tony played Soprano in our group. I wish I could've made

it out east to see you guys live. But I will be going to DCA next year. I can't wait!

ugh... maybe.. I guess I put it here for the younger folks to see.

Nowadays we just get looked at as an old person's alumni corps (although my wife keeps tellin me I act like I'm 12). We were once young and kickin' arse in the junior corps curcuit!! and for God's sake it wasn't that long ago!!!!!!!!!

Edited by madalumni

Hi Jeff. Those are beautiful illustrations you worked up. I promised Tony a good t-shirt design to help with fundraising. Maybe you could help Madison's souvie table too?

MSARP rehearsal was AWESOME. I spent some time standing in front of the baritones during "Malaguena" for FULL impact.

Their prelims performance at DCI '06 was a hyping tribute to the good ol' days!

- Jim Reilly

history_Bmen81.jpg

I saw something interesting in the 1977 history (the 'DQ' year)...did DCI actually recind the disqualification?

Also, this is the first time that I have heard anything about the plan to replace the members in question as they got to the birthday with new legal members... and if that was the case, by the letter of the law the corps was legal as I do not think there was a qualifier in the rules at that time that you could not march before you actually hit 22.

All I can say is WOW!!!! B)