New Corps in 2007

CSGreen

New Faces in 2006.. who are you MOST excited to see?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. New *competitive* faces at DCA or DCA shows?

• River City Regiment (rumors of a DCA trip)
    • Fusion Core
    • Imperials
    • Blues, Inc
    • Cincinnati Tradition (going competitive)
    • Austin Stars
    • Masquerade
    • Derby City Knights
    • North Coast Rock
    • Jackson Generals
  2. 2. Returning to Competition

• Kingston Grenadiers
    • Shenandoah Sound
    • Heat Wave
  3. 3. Reportedly in development or coming soon

• Unnamed corps - OR
    • Crosswinds - OK
    • Commanders - OK
    • Star United (field corps) - IN
    • Excelsior
    • Capital Brass (mini-corps)
    • Prairie Sound - KS
    • High Country Brass - CO
    • New Mini-corps not listed

I went with Derby City because they're closest to me, which means I could actually MARCH with them. :)

Well, actually Star United is, but from what I understand they're only accepting Star alums at this stage.

Matt, We would love to have you come down and see us. Just let us know if we can help make that happen.

But to be completely honest, Star United did have 2 "FNG"s last year.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with Derby City because they're closest to me, which means I could actually MARCH with them. :)

Well, actually Star United is, but from what I understand they're only accepting Star alums at this stage.

If you are looking to get on the field this year, by all means check out Derby City. See above. Matt has been busting his !@# for a long time now getting them on the field.

But if you are short of time or interested in just doing Mini Corps for now, Star United would be glad to have you come down and see how you fit in the group. Especially if you are a low brass player since ours seem to leave and start their own corps and such.

Fusion Core... alhtough I haven't heard much on any of them.

Grenadiers.

Star United (woot!)

~>conner

If you are looking to get on the field this year, by all means check out Derby City. See above. Matt has been busting his !@# for a long time now getting them on the field.

But if you are short of time or interested in just doing Mini Corps for now, Star United would be glad to have you come down and see how you fit in the group. Especially if you are a low brass player since ours seem to leave and start their own corps and such.

Thanks Mike - it is a shame that I can't do both.

I have to ask 2 questions

1- Please define "Unwatchable"

2- If you are in Orlando why do I not know you? Since I see the Drum Corps experience why do you not come out and get involved. That is really what Drum Corps is about. Getting involved.

Our next rehearsal is on Jan 14th at the Bahia Shrine (Click here for directions) We would love to have you be a part of us.

I wonder why "new corps" need to start up??? As a resident of Orlando the HEAT WAVE were all but unwatchable most years.

Why not take the high road, stop the "new corps" madness and just become a spectator?

I know this wont be PC but at what point bdoes reality set in?

Edited by BigLou

I'm personally really excited for Fusion Core mainly because they aren't far from me, and it should be interesting how they do this year

Ugh... why can't we just start corps that are going to win DCA their first year. I mean, it's been done in DCI and DCA for years right? Corps just kick major butt the year they are founded...

or can I count on one hand the corps that have done that...

yet the numbers are almost endless of corps who grew to powerhouses from humble beginnings.

Thank God Renegades didn't stop with the 7 people and the ham sandwich, or we didn't stop at Gold with out 9 brass and 8 percussion in year one, etc, etc

Ugh... why can't we just start corps that are going to win DCA their first year. I mean, it's been done in DCI and DCA for years right? Corps just kick major butt the year they are founded...

or can I count on one hand the corps that have done that...

yet the numbers are almost endless of corps who grew to powerhouses from humble beginnings.

Thank God Renegades didn't stop with the 7 people and the ham sandwich, or we didn't stop at Gold with out 9 brass and 8 percussion in year one, etc, etc

Great point.

I think that in the glut of GREAT top corps we have and HAVE had in DCA, we forget the many members who press through the trials of building local corps' from scratch. Even those that have gone away without cracking the big-time left important contributions: developing new participants and fans, reviving dc interest in their communities, etc.

No offence meant to anyone marching in a top ten corps (and I know many of them have also helped to develop start-up corps), but it is a WHOLE different sacrifice and effort to build a corps from nothing. And, sometimes hard to find the pay-off at the end of the season.

So - hat's off to all the new start-ups this year - and best of luck!

And THANKS for the huge effort you're about to expend on behalf of the activity!