Here's an Idea

Would you propose changing the pay scale for either II/III or division I?

I would, at least to a degree... one of the issues for Div II/III recruitment is that for nearly the same cost (or even more) as the nearest Div I corps (not necessarily in the top 12 or even 16), they can only tour 2, 3, 4 states, whereas the Div I corps can tour the entire country.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BDB is expecting to field the full 135 member corps.

I take it BDB opened their doors to folks outside the bay area? If so, cool beans and rock on!

I'm all for a corps being treeated the same no matter the size. But when it comes to competeing then it does matter. A 60 member corps just can't make the same kind of impact a 135 member corps can. It's not a lack of talent, just a lack of sound and visual presence. If we're gonna change the competition at all we need to change the way div 2/3 finals week is done. The whole this is messed up. Prelims are fine, then it's the top 9 from each division, then it's the top 3 and then the next 6 highest scores. Thats messed up. 9 times out of ten a div 3 corps is not going to score higher than a div 2, unless they are in the top 3. I think it for finals (or whatever they want to call the last show) it should be the top 6 highest scores in EACH division. That way everyone is competing against their own division, not against each other. Better results and more chancees for the div 3's to make it to saturday. Speaking of that, i think div 2/3 should get friday night at the div 1 finals stadium for finals. that way they can get the rush of preforming under the lights. And they should stagger the preformances, div 3, div 2, div3, div 2. That way it's not stacked div 3 first and div 2 last. Don't get me wrong, I love all divisions. But some love needs to be shown for the little guys and give them their chance at preforming under the lights on the field of honor.

Just my 2 cents, or 4.

And they should stagger the preformances, div 3, div 2, div3, div 2. That way it's not stacked div 3 first and div 2 last.

Just my 2 cents, or 4.

It changes every year. This year Div. III went first in prelims because Div. II went first in 2005.

Revo,

For two years fielded a full 76-78 DIVIII corps. Great talent in Texas but one thing I can't figure out was why have a full DivIII with 78 members, when they had the talent to add 25 more members and march DivII. Was it because they wanted to win another DIII title that bad? I like Revo put I didn't understand the logic. The only reason Revo didn't win DIII was because the corps that won, didn't have the numbers to maintain DII status but they did have excellent talent. So, Revo despite what I said earlier, won DIII in my book even up against DII talent. Matter of fact..............Revo beat them 2 or 3 times last summer. Good luck for 07 despite what division Revo picks.

Revo,

For two years fielded a full 76-78 DIVIII corps. Great talent in Texas but one thing I can't figure out was why have a full DivIII with 78 members, when they had the talent to add 25 more members and march DivII. Was it because they wanted to win another DIII title that bad? I like Revo put I didn't understand the logic. The only reason Revo didn't win DIII was because the corps that won, didn't have the numbers to maintain DII status but they did have excellent talent. So, Revo despite what I said earlier, won DIII in my book even up against DII talent. Matter of fact..............Revo beat them 2 or 3 times last summer. Good luck for 07 despite what division Revo picks.

Ok, with that "logic" I'll help you understand something.

In 2005, they were coming back from a season of inactivity and just decided to go into D III since they were not sure about how the number of members would play out.

In 2006, I'm sure the staff looked into how competitive they could be, and decided that with Academy, ECJ, Spartans and other D II corps in competition, Revolution may not have done well in D II, and therefor, stayed D III. I'm sure they weren't looking to only win against defending champions Raiders and ?6? time D III finalist Yamato.

On top of all that, how much money would they save by only renting 2 buses for approx. 80 kids? My guess would be quite a bit, and to a D II/III corps, saving money is most likely a good thing.

BTW, that comment about adding 25 more members, they wouldn't have needed to, they were above the 60 mark for D II status.

... So, Revo despite what I said earlier, won DIII in my book ...

The problem with your rational is the fact that a SMALLER corps beat you. Divisions are based on SIZE not talent.