With all of the inactives and movement...

Don't get me wrong, I love division 3, but I believe it'd be rare to find someone that thought a division 3 show last year was more entertaining than Cavies or Academy.

Guess I'm rare. I don't count Academy since we were talking Div I vs II and III. But I probably liked Dutch Boy's South Park show as much as any this year. Of course my favorite was Revo's Bulgarian Celebration but since I had a kid in the hornline I'm kinda biased. :P

Well and you know a show I really enjoyed that didn't get much props, Jersey Surf's Moulin Rouge (or how ever you spell it). Fun, entertaining show. But that pretty much describes everything they do.

And if you want to talk Div I my favorite was probably Crown's show over the rest. I saw it like 6 or 7 times and liked it more every time. So yeah some folks have different tastes.

Edited by WWonka

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I love division 3, but I believe it'd be rare to find someone that thought a division 3 show last year was more entertaining than Cavies or Academy.

:blink:

I find it interesting that people try to compare Blue Devels, Cavies, Phantom, on the same plane as Raiders, Revolution, Spartans, Teal.....

If I go to a high school football game, I go because I love football, and I don't expect it to be on the same level as if I go to a Bears game. Same with Florida or Michigan. There are levels to be appreciated against the talent in the same class...but its the love of the game.

Same thing for Corps....Its the love of the activity, no matter what division.

And where is it written that in order to be Div. 1, you have to be in competition for 1st place. There are levels to Div. 1 also. To aspire to one day be fighting for 1st place is a goal and dream. But to finish in 25th, and be told that you shouldn't be Div. 1 is disrespectful to every soul that sacrificed to be there. From the mgt. staff, volunteers.....your saying "you suck, because you aren't as good as Cavies. Why bother."

I wonder where some peoples heads are at. Have we gotton so shallow in our activity, that if its not 1st place, that its not worth the effort?

Appreciate the effort from everyone out there, and expect that some will be more entertaining then others. Be glad that we have an activity that touches young and old, and shapes young lives to be outstanding people. Helps older folks contribute and pass on knowledge, and even perform for the crowds, and feel the warmth of performance and family.

Sorry...its been a long day, and I guess i'm tired.

Carry on...

I go to a drum corps show because I love drum corps.

Unless my memory has already gone to sleep for the night, Hipposduck said something sometime last summer to the effect of, "It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you play the show."

This works for me.

To me, it also doesn't matter what "division" you are in or where you "place," it's how you play the show.

It's all about performance for me ...

... I go to see the kids march ...

... and it's all good drum corps.

In all fairness, I wasn't the one that started this topic of comparing div 3 to div 2 to div 1. I am pleased to have all the divisions and what they bring to the organization. I stand by that remark I made last summer.

Also, I think the people that are on this forum would be a little biased, but *shhhhhh* don't tell anyone I said that.

Edited by Hipposduck

After returning from first SCVC camp, things are looking nice for this season. We have a a sweeeeeeet drumline and a pretty nice hornline, could use another tuba and a trumpet or two, but we are looking pretty good.

We have a awesome show too!

I'm not sure if I am allowed to announce our show here, they havent posted it on the website.

We got to listen to it twice (once just brass and pit in the morning, but then that night with the full corps (sans guard, obviously)), but they havent arranged it all yet. Its gonna be sweet. :blink:

Keep the camp reports, show announcements, corps' website updates coming.

Looking forward to the shows of summer! B)