Cavaliers 2007

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I was kinda surprised when they announced their show. However , they are a very innovative and unique drum corps. I guess we'll wait and see.

Now it's given that the show is going to sound like every one of their shows since 2000 (don't argue, I've found elements of previous shows in all of them), but how are people reacting to it now?

My personal reaction:

Billy Joel? Really? Has any other corps does that music? I know more corps are trying to appeal more to the audience this year, but Saucedo is going to have to arrange his behind off to impress with with Billy Joel. Don't get me wrong, I like Billy Joel, but I also like the original music 2005 was based off of, but I disliked the show.

So, good luck to the Cavaliers in 2007, but you've got a lot of work to do to impress me and live up to Machine.

thanks!

we'd have it no other way...we'll take that as a personal challenge! :drool:

jeff

i want the piano man as a movement. my favorite alltime song.

I don't see a show of either entirely classical piano music or a series of pop tunes.

I think it will be some of his classical piano pieces with a few favorite familiar pop melodies coming out here and there. I'm sure they'll make a nice mix of the two.

Ditto...

Sometimes I wonder if people really know Billy Joel's music. It's not all Uptown Girl and We Didn't Start the Fire, and other cheesy music like that. Dig further, much further, into the past, and you'll find some good music. Plus, he's written some nice classical piano music, so we'll see....

I'm thinking I'll love this show.

I'm with you! Anyone seen "Movin' Out"? - the musical that was simply his music + Twyla Tharp choreography.... didn't think anything of it until I was "forced" to go for work (I worked at a performing arts center at the time) and I never looked at his music the same way again! Even went and saw it a second time the next week! I'm honestly excited to see what the Cavies do with it....