cadets 2007 show title?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess i'll just wait for any official announcement rather than conspiracy theories.

Here's about as much as we know so far, straight from Hop:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...t&p=1656938

Gang --- I never said that. I said we did not plan to have voice, as in song.

We will use amplification as necessary but it will be judicious.

Sorry .... Hope I do not ruin the evening for too many

There ya go. :)

Here's about as much as we know so far, straight from Hop:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...t&p=1656938

There ya go. :)

Interesting, his "don't ruin the evening" comment suggests that he is aware that a number of people are strongly against amplified voice.

I think he should have just tagged, Hroth at the end of that one. If I recall, he blogged that right about the same time you were doing cartwheels having thought his initial statement meant no amp voice at all. And despite what you may, or may not think, Hopkins is not a dumb person. Dont you think he knows what some people think about him and his ideas? To go a step further, I betcha he even knows exactly how you, Hroth, feel about it. And ya know what? He's gonna keep doing what he feels is best for his drum corps. This may include using narration in the 2007 show. (That's just my attempt to keep this on topic and not a total narration/amp topic.)

OT: I disagree that Lincoln Portrait is not a drum corps piece, and wish I had thought about suggesting it into the open source idea. Maybe next year. Glad to know that you can at least agree that both Portrait and in it's own right Peter and the Wolf are great pieces of real music with narration. Maybe there's still a hope somewhere that you'll at least give a chance to a show that has narration.

Edited with this side note/editorial: Just when I believe me and Hroth are in totally different worlds and couldnt even agree on an ice cream flavor, you put up that little picture in your signature. Maybe you're not so bad after all... :P

Edited by Iplaytimpani

i hate to say it hroth.....but virtually no amount of letters from someone whom has never marched a corps in their life will have ANY effect on this organization....if you have such a beef with amps etc. go get some nachos and skip the shows that are involving it in their program.

i hate to say it hroth.....but virtually no amount of letters from someone whom has never marched a corps in their life will have ANY effect on this organization....if you have such a beef with amps etc. go get some nachos and skip the shows that are involving it in their program.

Or he could just MARCH AT ANOTHER ORGANIZATION, have the time of his life and give less than a #### about what the Cadets are doing. Do you see any current marchers complaining on here non-stop? Nope, because they're too busy practicing.