DCM 1982

This was one of my first corps shows. Who was there? We had a tie with the tick system between Phantom and Madison. If you were there write what you remember. It was amazing!

This topic may be moved into the Historical section, and we have discussed it there in some thread... BUT:

I was there. I was in the run off as well. Quite inspiring and exciting to be heading off the field AFTER retreat and being told to line up and

warm up AGAIN... at almost 11:00 pm or so. And the energy because of the situation was really evident in the playing and focus.

The day itself was normal enough, and we were neck and neck with Phantom Regiment. Phantom had won DCM the first three years (1978, 79 & 80)

and Madison had won it in 1981. We were hopeful we could compete well with Phantom and possibly overtake them in this contest. That wasn't to be for

us, but we sure came close. To have the run off was quite thrilling and has gone down in history as quite an event. It was an excitement-filled stadium

that night, and the crowd (of which NONE had left!) was treated to some high powered drum corps for the mid season date.

This was the SECOND retreat... DM's only... at about midnight or so that night:

DCmidwest82.jpg

Edited by GGarrett

I was there with my Brother Geno and a 126 other Brothers. I remember how connected I felt to the crowd that night ! I can also remember Phantom coming to attention and storming off the field at retreat. I remember how loud the crowd was from the push in Ice Cas. to the of the show. The rush I got from that was better that a whole lot of ... I've had !!!! :worthy:

Edited by Old Geezer