WOW!

So, just pretending the silly stuff isn't happening...

Can anyone from Troop discuss the percussion situation? In the past when a corps announces they've formed a partnership and put out a press release it discusses both brass and percussion, but that is clearly not the case here as the post only specifies Brass. Are they possibly working to be fully Yahama by a certain date, or are they switching this year, or neither? Anyone with info free to share?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, just pretending the silly stuff isn't happening...

Can anyone from Troop discuss the percussion situation? In the past when a corps announces they've formed a partnership and put out a press release it discusses both brass and percussion, but that is clearly not the case here as the post only specifies Brass. Are they possibly working to be fully Yahama by a certain date, or are they switching this year, or neither? Anyone with info free to share?

From the conversations I have had with administration they say that they are going to be going the Yamaha route for the percussion as well. I think the reason that they have not made the official announcement yet is becuase it is not totally official. The brass thing is official becuase we have already paid them for the horns and all of the horns (except the trumpets - which are back-ordered) are in our possesion.

So, I am speculating right now but I am willing to bet that they are waiting to make an announcement once goods and merchandise has traded hands (so to speak).

I am just a brass person though. So I can only speak with authority in that area...and even that can be iffy.

I've been asking this for forever. If you get an answer, please forward it on to me. lol :rolleyes:

Why do some people always find something to complain about?

Obviously, most of us are bored and want to read something about drum corps. Isn't this why we all opened the topic and started reading?

If not, isn't that what the "back button" is for?

:worthy:

Back on topic:

Cool, Yamaha.

Go Troop!

Edited by ravedodger

i'm actually pretty excited to see the troopers this year- i'm expecting big things all around...

i'm actually pretty excited to see the troopers this year- i'm expecting big things all around...

That is what we are hoping for :)

Things have been going really great and I am really excited about things BUT there is a lot of work to be done still. I am glad a lot of people are hyping but we are still a way off B)

We have a camp this weekend and we are going to try and set the hornline (or come really close)....I will have my laptop with me and I will try and pass some updates and maybe even some pictures and video along.

<Sincere question>

Something I don't understand is why this is important. What does it matter which horn company any corps plays on? Or which drums are being used? How does any of this affect anyone outside of the company who made the sale and the corps that made the deal? Is it such a big deal that someone who might be considering marching with a specific corps would have brand x or y be a dealbreaker?

doesnt take much, does it?- OK dave...

Edited by nero14

Please take personal conversations to PM.