If you left the Skyliners ...

Ahhhh, the grass is always greener, isn't it? A new corps! New people! New Staff! Great things promised!

But can they deliver?

Consider that many who jumped one corps or another (and we know what corps we're talking about, don't we?) are loyal to no one but themselves. All that motivates many of these people is their own selfish need to be part of the biggest and best. Tell them they will be part of a 60 man hornline and they can't wait to climb on board. Who cares about loyalty to their former corps, right? I mean they only have maybe 25-30 horns! Small time!

Doesn't matter if they are one of the anchors of drum corps, many time national champs, DCA champs, etc. Nope - jump to a new corps that doesn't even have a schedule for the coming season set. Not even a member of DCA. So where is this massive hornline going to showcase themselves?

I don't know Lee, never met him, never played with Sky ... but he's right. Everyone with half a brain knows what has been going on the last few months and it's BS. Sky isn't the only one affected, either.

1960 was the first time I saw big time drum corps - at a parade on Broad Street in Newark. As part of a small fire department drum corps I saw Sky, the Cabs, Sac, Garfield for the first time and was blown away. Loved them all ever since, and to see something like this possibly destroy one of the all time greats of drum corps makes me sick. Doesn't matter I stayed closer to home when I went senior - Sky and the Cabs have always been favorites.

You guys who jumped Sky for greener pastures .... what would you say to Pepe? How about Hy Dreitzer? How about Bucky Swann and Tommy Martin? You ought to be ashamed.

GO SKY.

Edited by SunSop66

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhh, the grass is always greener, isn't it? A new corps! New people! New Staff! Great things promised!

But can they deliver?

Consider that many who jumped one corps or another (and we know what corps we're talking about, don't we?) are loyal to no one but themselves. All that motivates many of these people is their own selfish need to be part of the biggest and best. Tell them they will be part of a 60 man hornline and they can't wait to climb on board. Who cares about loyalty to their former corps, right? I mean they only have maybe 25-30 horns! Small time!

Doesn't matter if they are one of the anchors of drum corps, many time national champs, DCA champs, etc. Nope - jump to a new corps that doesn't even have a schedule for the coming season set. Not even a member of DCA. So where is this massive hornline going to showcase themselves?

I don't know Lee, never met him, never played with Sky ... but he's right. Everyone with half a brain knows what has been going on the last few months and it's BS. Sky isn't the only one affected, either.

1960 was the first time I saw big time drum corps - at a parade on Broad Street in Newark. As part of a small fire department drum corps I saw Sky, the Cabs, Sac, Garfield for the first time and was blown away. Loved them all ever since, and to see something like this possibly destroy one of the all time greats of drum corps makes me sick. Doesn't matter I stayed closer to home when I went senior - Sky and the Cabs have always been favorites.

You guys who jumped Sky for greener pastures .... what would you say to Pepe? How about Hy Dreitzer? How about Bucky Swann and Tommy Martin? You ought to be ashamed.

GO SKY.

:grouphug: w/Stp: :P ^0^ Rehearsal is coming up... Check the website for dates and times then COME ON DOWN!4f46omqi.jpg

I loved competing against you in 05 times a lot, didn't get to see you too much in 06 :-\