If you left the Skyliners ...

I wish Sky the best..

But some of these type posts makes one feel really awkward.

When I read them I feel there is a drive to put guilt on some blame on the other. If I was an alumn of a corps and saw this type of post it would not really want to make me come back but maybe stay away from all the Drama.

I dunno that is just me.

Best of luck again.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The corps members who are there have the Heart of a Lion.

Roar... tee hee he. :worthy:

I do NOT love, the snide remarks, between the lines about other organizations in the process. It is NOT easy to sustain a 60 member horn line, it is NOT easy to start a new corps - but don't you already know that? Like it or not, recruitment in the off season between corps has gone on since the beginning of time, it is our responsibility to retain.

I think the point he's trying to get across is that even though members have the freedom of choice to go elsewhere, maybe they should reconsider their decisions. Not for nothing, I'm sure there are former Skyliners populating Cabs, Bucs, Bush, Empire, Fusion, Sun, etc, etc... What Sky needs is for the one or two former members in those corps to come on back. Losing 2 or 3 folks won't kill any of those other corps. Geting back 2 or 3 members each from about half a dozen corps corps can add almost 20 people. That's a big deal to a corps that currently has about 10 horns.

I have no problem with this latest post by Lee. Don't even know the man. Had some major differences with alot of his previous postings regarding DCA but I figured he was entitled to his opinion. From what I'm reading here, I surmise he is only being up front and public in addressing recruiting membership for the Skyliners. If people feel offended by this type of in-your-face recruitment, albeit. Its the real world out there and as you all know, you protect your assets. Some people use the phone organizing, this character uses the screen. Good Luck Sky in your 60th year.

Not that I have anything to really contribute. And I wish you the best of luck. But if they've left you in a time of need, do you really want them back? Is it really better to have 50-60 cornflakes versus 10-20 rocks?

I wish Sky the best..

When I read them I feel there is a drive to put guilt on some blame on the other. If I was an alumn of a corps and saw this type of post it would not really want to make me come back but maybe stay away from all the Drama.

I dunno that is just me.

Best of luck again.

My feelings exactly.

Is it really better to have 50-60 cornflakes versus 10-20 rocks?

Don't know if I can answer that question, but I do know that I have seen Sky make a couple small, but dignified comebacks, and like everyone, I cheered them on because DCA loves Sky, and needs them. But it wasn't until 2005 that I personally experienced a rebuilding year and learned, first hand, what amazing things "10-20 rocks" can accomplish. You're going to love what happens next if you build your foundation on ROCKS!

All the best to Sky. We love you and we need you.

That's a big deal to a corps that currently has about 10 horns.

Yikes - I didn't like it before, but suddenly the 35 member limit rule scares me for a very specific reason.....

Good luck Sky. I competed against you before (and got my butt kicked!) - I'm looking forward to sharing the field with you again. :)

I too have had my philisophical differences with Lee but I wish him and Sky luck for the upcoming year. Although it's great to see a new corps building for the future, it is at the same time sad to see it done at the expense of another legendary corps who has had a tough time of late. I hope those who have "jumped ship" because they percieved tough times ahead or have experienced them in the recent past will reconsider and give the current administration a chance. Sounds like some great folks and awesome show design down in the Big Apple corps!

I wish Sky the best..

I dunno that is just me.

Best of luck again.

I don't think it's intended to be a guilt trip at all. I think Lee just wants to make sure that people know they are welcome to come back to the Sky family without the guilt and hard feelings. Having an open door and open arms just might bring some people back. :)