Seattle Cascades?

I'm looking forward to SC2007. Should be great.

Fresh faces, Fresh staff... should bring some renewed vigor into the Cascades. Plus... Lewicia Norfleecia Jenkins is back!

Keep an eye out - you people who predict scores... Seattle is gonna surprise you.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

word is they all ditched OC to join Cascades :grouphug:

Cascades was declining, OC had a good enough framework to keep going without Lewis and the staff, so I think they made the best choice for the Drum Corps activity in the Northwest - Jump ship to help save another organization.

Expect good things. It wasn't just the staff that left... :D

Cascades was declining, OC had a good enough framework to keep going without Lewis and the staff, so I think they made the best choice for the Drum Corps activity in the Northwest - Jump ship to help save another organization.

Expect good things. It wasn't just the staff that left... :D

Are you implying that '06 OC members left as well?

So let me ask you this. Who has priority at the "new" Cascades when the instructors have to choose between kids they've taught at OC and vets from the Seattle Cascades?

Hmmmm, I wonder.

You OC kids are in for a rude awkening this summer if you're not careful.

You'd better be ready, welcome to DIV 1.

Edited by Y2JWC

im sure the staff understands the traditions that go around with a corps that most of them have been a part of in the past... and they wont do anything to destroy the great spirit that the corps has.

There are probably plenty of members that marched OC in 2006 that are marching seattle cascades this summer, whether they decided to follow their staff, or simply try out the div 1 tour. If they chose to follow their staff i wouldnt be surprised, it happens all of the time... how many members of the magic left for the vanguard in 2004 when gino left, or members of the vanguard went to march cadets in 2005 when gino left again... it would not really surprise me either way.

Im sure that the members that marched Oregon in 2006 would be just as prepared to march this summer as anyone that is stepping up from div 2 to div 1... like most of the members of ECJ from last year, and the Academy... i would venture to say that the members from OC would be more prepaired than members that marched other div 2 corps, to make the transition, based on what i saw from the performances finals week.

The staff probably already has built relationships with students that they have taught before, but they would never let it get in the way of the education that is going on in the corps. It isnt uncommon for a staff member to bring a student from the highschool to the corps they teach at, does the student get special treatment from that staff member? No, infact that staff member usually pushes them harder to succeed since they already know what the student is capable of. We all know that the bonds that are formed during the camp season, and over a summer are strong ones, and that although the staff already knows some members, im sure they are still working to get to know the others.

I wouldnt expect a corps to give a vet with considerable amount less tallent or ability than a rookie preferencial treatment over a rookie, so im sure that if the cascades have vets that do not stack up compaired to rookies, (be it true rookies, or rookies that marched somewhere else the year before) they would probably be moved down in the priority of parts (i.e. lead to second bari). this just seems like the logical decision for the staff to make, regardless of friendships or historys.

I for one cannot wait to see what the northwest has to offer drum corps this summer.

Are you implying that '06 OC members left as well?

So let me ask you this. Who has priority at the "new" Cascades when the instructors have to choose between kids they've taught at OC and vets from the Seattle Cascades?

Hmmmm, I wonder.

You OC kids are in for a rude awkening this summer if you're not careful.

You'd better be ready, welcome to DIV 1.

I have a spot. I know Scades vets that didn't get spots. This is the "new" Cascades, why wouldn't they pick the OC vets over the Cascades vets? They know us, they know how we work, how we act...

I have a spot. I know Scades vets that didn't get spots. This is the "new" Cascades, why wouldn't they pick the OC vets over the Cascades vets? They know us, they know how we work, how we act...

hey rane, i marched cascades guard last summer, and those kids were amazing. very hard working. if you beat out a scade vet for a spot you shouldn't be so cocky about it. be thankful because all of those kids deserve to march. getting a spot because you know an instructor isn't something to be proud of.

Edited by phantomguard

hey rane, i marched cascades guard last summer, and those kids were amazing. very hard working. if you beat out a scade vet for a spot you shouldn't be so cocky about it. be thankful because all of those kids deserve to march. getting a spot because you know an instructor isn't something to be proud of.

I'm not saying ANYTHING about the kids. I know they worked VERY hard, because I know those kids. They're amazing. But, considering this is more of a Corps Merger or Corps Takeover, the vets from OC would get the same treatment as a 'Scades vet because the staff knows them.