BRIDGEMEN TOS SHOW

Spotlight on the Performers

Did You Know....

Drum Major Jim Jordan began his drum corps career with the famed Hawthorne Muchachos?

Jim performed with the Muchachos hornline in 1976. The Muchachos have a storied history and were a crowd favorite for many years.

He made the difficult decision to come over to the Bridgemen's mellophone line in 1977.

He succeeded Jerry Morecraft as drum major and conducted The Bridgemen junior corps from 1978-1980, some of our most successful years.

And again with the Alumni Corps since our return. He is a valued leader and assistant horn instructor in the new era.

Bmen06_Rchstr_0832_HH.jpg

Drum Major Jim Jordan soaks in the crowd's applause in Rochester, NY on Sept. 3, 2006 for the DCA Alumni Spectacular.

Photo courtesy of Harry Heidelmark, Drum Corps World photographer.

Besides being a music teacher in the Irvington School District, he also fronts the "Jordan Thomas Orchestra" big band to help perpetuate the music of Count Basie, Benny Goodman, Gene Krupa, Harry James, and many other greats. The "JTO," with Jim as leader/front man/trumpet, has performed with Jerry Vale, Al Martino, Buddy Franco, Julius LaRosa, and Stefanie Nakasian. The band has been featured at the "NJ JazzFest" at FDU-Madison, several concerts in conjunction with the NJ Jazz Society, Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, and frequently at St. Ann's Italian Feast in Hoboken.

Jim's drum corps resume:

Muchachos 76

Bridgemen 77-80

Bushwackers 82, 88-89

Caballeros 83

Bridgemen Alumni DM 2005-present

Emerald Grenadears Brass Staff 06-07

Catch all the fine performers who will suit up for your entertainment at

Tournament of Stars on Saturday, June 23rd!

Bnr_Bmen_TOS07_DCP.gif

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spotlight on the Performers

Did You Know....

Jerome Kimbrough, famed soloist for the Bushwackers, was a performer in Bayonne first?

BBM_1983_047.jpg

Soloist Jerome Kimbrough rehearsing with the Bayonne Bridgemen in 1983.

Photo courtesy of Lori & Brian Law and the Skibbie Family.

Jerome was a baritone in the Bayonne Kidets from 1979-1980, before coming up to "the big show" with the Bridgemen from 1981-1985.

In 1983, he began performing with the Bushwackers all-age corps during the final weeks of the season when the junior corps season was concluded.

He has performed with the Bushwackers every season since, making a name for himself as a lead baritone and soloist in DCA, as well as a Drum Major.

Jerome began performing with the Garfield Cadets in 1986 and stayed with them until he aged out in 1987, where he enjoyed being a DCI champion that year.

Jerome returns to the Bridgemen Alumni this season, while still committed to the Bushwackers season.

Look for Jerome in a yellow coat in the lead baritone line, and on tympani with the Bushwackers.

Mebush03.jpg

Jerome Kimbrough with the Bushwackers.

Photo courtesy of Jerome.

Jerome's drum corps resume:

Bayonne Kidets 1979-1980

Bayonne Bridgemen 1981-1985

Garfield Cadets 1986-1987

Bushwackers 1983-present

Bridgemen Alumni 2005, 2007

Catch all the fine performers who will suit up for your entertainment at

GoToBridgemenCom.gif

Wow - this is really cool.

What a great way to market the upcoming show and the corps involved. It really makes me wish I was sticking around. :(

But I look forward to seeing you guys in Rochester and hoisting a few!!!

Have a great season - I'm shipping out of here Monday!

xoxo,

Sara

Wow - this is really cool.

What a great way to market the upcoming show and the corps involved. It really makes me wish I was sticking around. :(

But I look forward to seeing you guys in Rochester and hoisting a few!!!

Have a great season - I'm shipping out of here Monday!

xoxo,

Sara

Hey Sara! Best of luck with new work opportunities on the left coast.

And have a GREAT season with The Renegades, our kindred cousins out west. B)

If you get me a way cool photo of you playing with the Renegades, I'll post it!

Bumo(and not just because there's a nice pic of me in it.) :blink:

Awww shucks, Jim!

Thanks a lot for the press!

That's some very lofty company in Frank, and Jerome, two drum corps legends!!!

And Rob Hunter is, without a doubt, one of the premier soloists in drum corps!!!

Thanks, also for the JTO plug!

I have almost as much fun with that, as I do with the Bridgemen!

It's just A LOT more work for me, and I don't have to conduct nearly as much!!!

Bottom line...

The Bridgemen, my big band (JTO), and all of the people involved with each are wonderful, and are family, in every sense of the word.

I consider myself very blessed!

Can't wait until June 23rd!

It's going to be a very special night in Bayonne!!!

JJ

Edited by overthehillDM

Sac Alumni, Sky Alumni, Cab Alumni, Park City Alumni and Bridgemen Alumni is well worth the trip. Too many talented musicians in these five (5) corps to list individually. Too many great Powerhouse Alumni Corps to miss. Too many DCA corps, Buc's, Cab's, Sky and Sun plus the junior Surf to miss. Drum Corps fans are in for an excellent night.

"Bumo (and not just because there's a nice pic of me in it.)"

- JeromeyBush

Ummmmmm..... huh!? :doh:

Fill me in this weekend at the Emanon show!

"Awww shucks, Jim!

Thanks a lot for the press!...."

- overthehillDM

Yer welcome. :ph34r:

Keep up the good work!

"Sac Alumni, Sky Alumni, Cab Alumni, Park City Alumni and Bridgemen Alumni is well worth the trip. Too many talented musicians in these five (5) corps to list individually. Too many great Powerhouse Alumni Corps to miss. Too many DCA corps, Buc's, Cab's, Sky and Sun plus the junior Surf to miss. Drum Corps fans are in for an excellent night."

- standy

Thanks for the thumbs up on George Lavelle's line-up.

We're really looking forward to a GREAT night of drum corps by the bay! B)

Spotlight on Staff

Did You Know....

Dennis Delucia has racked up sixteen championship High Percussion titles in his career?

136987905-M.jpg

Dennis Delucia (right) with daughter Chelsea (left) after the St. Patrick's Day parade in Bayonne, 03/18/07.

Photo courtesy of John Nadrowski's Bridgemen Tribute Site.

Dennis' percussion legacy has spanned the years. His drum corps resume includes the renowned drumlines of The Hawthorne Muchachos, The Bridgemen junior corps, Fantasia III, The Sunrisers, Star of Indiana, The Caballeros, and countless marching bands. Plus he served as show coordinator for The Crossmen in 1992 when they achieved their highest placing at DCI Finals.

He is credited with achieving the first "Triple Crown" as three of his drumlines in three levels of the drum corps activity took home top drum honors in 1981: The Bridgemen, Fantasia III, and The Sunrisers. This achievement has never been equaled.

Dennis has been co-hosting the DCI telecast of finals week for the past thirteen years and will again join Steve Rondinaro for the broadcast of DCI quarterfinals from Pasadena, CA on Thursday, August 9th.

Dennis is excited at the prospect of showcasing the strong junior corps that will take the field of competition as the 2007 DCI Championship unfolds on the west coast for the first time.

The Bridgemen Alumni are proud to count Dennis as one of the great talents who have brought their dedication home to Bayonne in the new era.

Read the bios of Bridgemen staff at Bridgemen.com.

Catch all the talent that will thrill audiences at

Bnr_Bmen_TOS07_buglers.gif

Spotlight on Staff

Did You Know....

Larry Kerchner has arranged brass charts for over 120 Drum & Bugle Corps?

BAC0531Parade_096.jpg

Larry Kerchner (left) with Executive Director George Lavelle (right), wearing our parade uniform tops, at the Memorial Day parade in Bayonne, 05/31/05.

Photo courtesy of Bob Haley.

Larry has an impressive track record through the decades, having made a lasting impact on junior corps, senior (all-age) corps, and marching bands. Larry has over 300 compositions published and was a Grammy Award Nominee.

He began in drum corps performing with, and writing for, the famed Blue Rock of Wilmington, Delaware. In time, he branched out and added to the repertoires of over 120 corps. He has written for (and instructed) the Bridgemen junior corps, Hawthorne Muchachos, Royal Brigade, Crossmen, Star of Indiana, Troopers, Sky Ryders, Pioneer, Spirit of Newark, Caballeros, Skyliners, Bushwackers, Reilly Raiders Alumni Corps, The Renegades, Caballeros Alumni, Yankee Rebels, Music Express, US Naval Academy D&B Corps, and Bridgemen Alumni, among others.

Larry brings his talents to bear each time he steps in front of the Bridgemen hornline. His ability to compose in different styles (including classical, latin, jazz, pop, rock, soundtracks; he's even written for The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus!) and ability to communicate musical moods make him uniquely qualified to instruct us; he's the creator of the Bridgemen sound we all know and love.

Larry will be enjoying the night of Tournament of Stars as a proud father, hearing his creative brass arrangements played by the Caballeros and Bridgemen.

Read the bios of Bridgemen staff at Bridgemen.com.

Catch all the talent that will thrill audiences at

Bnr_Bmen_TOS07_buglers.gif

Edited by attreides