Mini-corps projects

I spoke with John Arietano on the phone last night, and he confirmed Lambertville's intentions this year - so I moved them up onto the list.

And, Strutta has chimed in to needle the Thunderbirds about Harrisburg, so I'm also going to count Mass Brass as "heard from".

That only leaves Golden Eagles, from the Harrisburg group. So, since they're booked for that - I'm moving them to the list as well.

Can someone from the corps confirm their plans for us?

And how about some more info from everyone?

How are you doing?

What do your members like about the corps?

What plans do you have for 2007?

What IS a mini-corps to your group?

Ok......since I haven't seen anyone from the Golden Eagles respond yet, I guess I will put my two cents in....

YES......The Golden Eagles WILL BE PERFORMING at the MCA Invitational in Harrisburg PA. There has also been some discussion about possibly doing the Grand Prix in Hawthorne NJ in July, and we will DEFINITELY be in Rochester come DCA weekend.

The West Sayville Golden Eagles Drum & Bugle Corps is sponsered by the West Sayville Fire Department of West Sayville, Long Island NY. We are mainly a parade drum & bugle corps, who's members have been or are all involved in many DCA/DCI corps throughout the past 20 years. The main purpose we formed a mini corps was because most of the membership wanted to do something more than just parades. We decided to enter the mini corps competition at DCA back in the late 90's and the corps did very well, placing in the top 5 their first year out. We are the 2004 DCA Mini Corps Champions, and plan on at least being in the top 3 once again come DCA weekend!!!

If you would like information on joinging our corps, please contact Director Don VanEssendelft at SVE54@aol.com

Cant wait to see all the performing units in Harrisburg!!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to seeing you and my other old friends down here in Amishland Frank.

Jimbalaya

Ok......since I haven't seen anyone from the Golden Eagles respond yet, I guess I will put my two cents in....

YES......The Golden Eagles WILL BE PERFORMING at the MCA Invitational in Harrisburg PA. There has also been some discussion about possibly doing the Grand Prix in Hawthorne NJ in July, and we will DEFINITELY be in Rochester come DCA weekend.

The West Sayville Golden Eagles Drum & Bugle Corps is sponsered by the West Sayville Fire Department of West Sayville, Long Island NY. We are mainly a parade drum & bugle corps, who's members have been or are all involved in many DCA/DCI corps throughout the past 20 years. The main purpose we formed a mini corps was because most of the membership wanted to do something more than just parades. We decided to enter the mini corps competition at DCA back in the late 90's and the corps did very well, placing in the top 5 their first year out. We are the 2004 DCA Mini Corps Champions, and plan on at least being in the top 3 once again come DCA weekend!!!

If you would like information on joinging our corps, please contact Director Don VanEssendelft at SVE54@aol.com

Harrisburg is going to be UNREAL!

Heh, you betchum.....might be an understatement as a new chapter in the activity begins

and someone told me that Fran's buyin' the first round, but we'll all have to go to St. Michael's, Md the first week of August to collect

Harrisburg is going to be UNREAL!

and someone told me that Fran's buyin' the first round, but we'll all have to go to St. Michael's, Md the first week of August to collect

I deny everything. :P

Fran

I'll let my shirt speak for itself Fran.... B)

I deny everything. :P

Fran

Sorry Frank, but I believe Mass Brass has become the perennial 3rd place Corps at DCA. I guess you, Don and Sue will have to shoot for the top 2 instead. Harrisburg will be great and it'll be good to see you guys back again. MB will be in CT. March 17th, ya gonna be there? After all you are a Hall of Famer!

Sorry Frank, but I believe Mass Brass has become the perennial 3rd place Corps at DCA. I guess you, Don and Sue will have to shoot for the top 2 instead. Harrisburg will be great and it'll be good to see you guys back again. MB will be in CT. March 17th, ya gonna be there? After all you are a Hall of Famer!

Well.......I do have rehearsal scheduled for that day, but if I can get out of there in time, I think I will be driving up to Bridgeport to check out the show! So who knows.......you MIGHT see me there along with my HOF Brothers!!!

See you soon!!!

MY NEXT FAVORITE CORPS!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you guys!!! Hey, say a prayer. Went looking at cars today, so if everything goes ok, we'll be good to go, in the meantime, you know we're practicing Frank!!!!!!!!

Hope to see you guys soon!!!!!!!!!!!!