84 27th lancers drumline

I still think 27 had the better battery and BD had the better pit. The BD pit was AMAZING that year. Dave Brown! Marimba cadenza! That really hot blond girl on vibes!

I still think 27 had the better battery and BD had the better pit. The BD pit was AMAZING that year. Dave Brown! Marimba cadenza! That really hot blond girl on vibes!

Oh yeah..Brown was fantastic!

I'm not sure if the blonde you're referring to was Diane Mohr or Peggy Watson....Diane MAY have been a brunette, tho (would have to look at the DVD to remind me).....Peg WAS quite the looker (one of many of the ladies in the corps, tho! Ahhhhhhh....the guard in Dolphin shorts...or snare drummer Carla Azar in teh same...first tour the brass ended the show behind the battery. We finish a run....Float tells the drums to put 'em down...Carla pulls her carrier off and bent over to put the drum on the ground....collective OOOOHHHHHHHH from the brass line!)

Oh yeah..Brown was fantastic!

I'm not sure if the blonde you're referring to was Diane Mohr or Peggy Watson.

I believe Peggy is the one I was thinking of, although Diane looks good on the woodblock, too.

The '84 drum line was quite a crew. Had we had a better horn line they would have taken high drums. Sorry guys, you still deserve that trophy. :beer:

The '84 drum line was quite a crew. Had we had a better horn line they would have taken high drums. Sorry guys, you still deserve that trophy. :beer:

I agree it was a great line. Why would a better horn line been the reason that they would've taken high drums?

I agree it was a great line. Why would a better horn line been the reason that they would've taken high drums?

I'm just guessing... but since I marched that year (backfield conductor) the thing was that the horn line came in a low place, and maybe the thinking is since the horn line played during parts of the drum solo that might've held them back? :beer: Maybe that's what the poster means?

I'm just guessing... but since I marched that year (backfield conductor) the thing was that the horn line came in a low place, and maybe the thinking is since the horn line played during parts of the drum solo that might've held them back? :beer: Maybe that's what the poster means?

Maybe, but I hope the poster sees it and replys so we can see what he means. Must have been great to march 27.

Maybe, but I hope the poster sees it and replys so we can see what he means. Must have been great to march 27.

Yes, it was the highlight of my drum corps career. I was speculating cause I remembered that was the general feeling back then so that is why the horn line didn't play in the drum solo in 85 (I marched mello that year). If I remember correctly in 84 the horn line was like 17th and if it hadn't been for the drum line and color guard, we wouldn't have made finals.

In 85 the horn line was much better though.

Edited by Lancerlady

Yes, it was the highlight of my drum corps career. I was speculating cause I remembered that was the general feeling back then so that is why the horn line didn't play in the drum solo in 85 (I marched mello that year). If I remember correctly in 84 the horn line was like 17th and if it hadn't been for the drum line and color guard, we wouldn't have made finals.

In 85 the horn line was much better though.

Cool - :) I love reading about stuff from people who actually marched.