James Logan HS SW 2007

Wildabeast

Using the music of Tan Dun, they knocked everyone's socks off as expected at the California Color Guard Circuit show at Leigh High School in San Jose. I don't mean to come across in an elitist manner, but they stand a very good chance to get #10.

Yikes.

According to their calendar, they don't compete for the next 2-3 weekends (don't ask me why). I need to check my calendar in hopes of catching the WGI show in Union City just to see how much "better" they might get.

Edited by Wildabeast

• 2 weeks later...

any updated news on james logan?

well, all i have really heard is that they are amazing (which isn't a surprise) and that their show is based on the great wall of china.

i am in ohio so i never get to see them until worlds and the curiosity is killing me!!

well, all i have really heard is that they are amazing (which isn't a surprise) and that their show is based on the great wall of china.

i am in ohio so i never get to see them until worlds and the curiosity is killing me!!

I saw them on Youtube - Great show once again.

Dont wanna post the link here - Trish will kill me - LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I WOULD have killed you because John D WOULD have killed ME! LOL

I saw them at evaluations. My initial worry before the show was that Logan's show would slip down a bit this year.

After the show, I was very satisfied. My worries disappeared. :drool:

I'm not in colorguard, so I can't describe the technicalities of this sport.

This is my futile attempt.

In the opening scene, about five girls would stand on a box probably representing the bricks for the China Wall.

The girls are evenly spread apart on the floor. Each girl standing on the box would be lifted up in the air by two

other designated girls. The girl in the air would be lying horizontally. The Logan guys would be behind the girls.

The guys would then throw their rifles up in the air over the girls and catch their rifles on the other side of the girls.

Each guy would catch their rifles one by one from the left hand side of the floor to the right.

Another trick was that the Logan guys would carry the girls on their shoulders. At the same time,

the girls would be spinning their flags and the guys would be spinning their rifles. This spinning was not very

fast though.

In one loud scene, different sabre girls and rifle guys would throw their objects in the air while standing on their

individual boxes. Just when they catch their rifles and sabres, the flag girls would slam their flags on the ground

for a dramatic effect.

In a later scene, some Logan guys would be standing on what seemed to be the China Wall on the right back

corner of the floor. They would do a series of rifle throwing tricks to the remaining Logan guys standing next to

them. I believed I missed these tricks since I was sitting on the opposite corner of the floor.

Once again, this was in the evaluation show.

However, I did see Logan Open's show and two of Logan World's shows

up on the web somewhere, but I'm not saying where for obvious reasons. :sshh:

Search and ye shall find! :P

In their last performance, Logan scored an 84.5 in their local circuit on February 10th.

Avon scored 81.3 in the Dayton Prelims on February 10th and an 83.9 in the Dayton Finals on February 11th.

I think the two schools' scores are competitively close.

noncolorguard guy

Edited by noncolorguard guy