Annapolis Question

You wouldn't happen to remember the name of the bar/tavern right at the harbor? It's on the corner of the road headed towards Gate 1 of the USNA. Best oysters on the half shell EVER.

Oh, and don't wear Army stuff. =bad idea haha!

You have the Middleton Tavern and right next door is McGarvey's could it be on of those places ?

Yeah, Middleton I think. I didn't like McGarvey's got sick there once.

Oh! Ramshead down the street, a must visit. Happy hour = the best. Then again, it was 8 yrs ago...I miss Annapolis!

Edited by scadesboi

Navy/Marine Corps stadium is absolutely awesome. Parking is right in close and warmup spots are gonna be scattered around the residential areas surrounding the stadium. If you wanted to walk from downtown Annapolis you could, but I'd suggest the bus. Annapolis is beautiful, take some time to go visit the US Naval Academy too!

But anyways, it's a great stadium, sound should be fantastic. I don't remember much of an overhang so it should be good and loud for all the fans. I also don't seem to remember a track around the field so it's going to be close and in your face.

What James said. Great venue for a show.

In town, the Rams Head Tavern and its Fordham micro-brews... pretty tasty. Good seafood at Phillips (at City Dock). Heck, good seafood pretty much anywhere in that area!

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

• 4 weeks later...

Even though I have seen a couple drum corps performances in Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (sarcasm intended), I can't really comment on the sound quality (I'm usually on the field). I do know that the athletic department recently sank $40 million into renovations at the stadium, and the result is one of the nicest college football stadiums in the country (I've seen a couple of those, too... haha!). Convenient parking, quick exit to highway, affordable concessions, etc.

Not a bad seat in the house. There is a fairly substantial overhang from the upper deck, but the back of the lower deck is open, so some of that boominess just carries out the back.

Nice pubs/restaurants all over Annapolis. Riordan's, McGarvey's, Middleton's, Buddy's, Griffin's, Rams Head.... yeah, I've seen a couple of bars in Annapolis, too... (sarcasm continues...)

Looking forward to the show!!!!

(... and no, the Naval Academy Drum & Bugle Corps will not be able to perform at the show, because all of our guys are on summer leave.)

Jeff

Now the sadness begins with the moving of the Crossmen. They are not on the line up. Any one know when they will be east.

Actually, their schedule looks pretty much the same as it normally would. Plenty of eastern region performances in there...

June 23-Toledo, OH

June 24-Belding, MI

June 25-Erie, PA

June 28-Elizabeth, PA

June 29- Westminster, MD

June 30-Clifton, NJ

July 2- Ft. Edwards, NY

July 3-Bristol, RI

July 4-Beverly, MA

July 6-Lawrence, MA

July 7-Massillon, OH

July 8-Allentown, PA (Regional)

July 9-Hershey, PA

July 11-Chesapeake, VA

July 12-Hilton Head, SC

July 14-Atlanta, GA (Regional)

July 16-Sevierville, TN

July 17-Memphis, TN

July 19-Dallas,TX

July 21-San Antonio, TX (Regional)

July 22-Denton, TX

July 23-Midland, TX

July 24-Wichita Falls, TX

July 26-Great Bend, KS

July 28-Denver, CO (Regional)

July 30-Ogden, UT

July 31-Boise, ID

August 2-Portland, OR

August 4-Stanford, CA (Regional)

August 5-Northern, CA

August 9-11-Pasadena, CA

...oh, and one "oddity" about N-MC Stadium. Sections 5-8 (on the lower level) are bleacher style, while Sections 1-4 are seats with backs. All upper level seating (101-108) are seats with backs.

For a Navy football game, the entire Brigade of Midshipmen sits in the bleacher seats, while tickets are sold for the regular seating.

If you have a back problem, or would prefer a seat with a back, request seats in Sections 1-4 or on the upper level.

Thanks,

Jeff

More info at:

http://navysports.cstv.com/facilities/navy-facilities.html

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/navy/...ilities/nmc.jpg

Navy/Marine Corps stadium is absolutely awesome. Parking is right in close and warmup spots are gonna be scattered around the residential areas surrounding the stadium. If you wanted to walk from downtown Annapolis you could, but I'd suggest the bus. Annapolis is beautiful, take some time to go visit the US Naval Academy too!

But anyways, it's a great stadium, sound should be fantastic. I don't remember much of an overhang so it should be good and loud for all the fans. I also don't seem to remember a track around the field so it's going to be close and in your face.

I'm jealous, I want to go back to Annapolis, I love that town!

Having attended the USSBA National Championship event held last year at this stadium, I have to say that I was not pleased. The stadium itself, I guess, is fine, except there is only one entrance/exit for the corps to the field. This will create some traffic issues, for sure. Especially if the area immediately outside that entrance is clogged with spectators or other personnel. Also, the warm-up area at this event was in the unused areas of the parking lot and I'm not sure the surrounding neighborhood area was available for that purpose. If they can get the surrounding area, they might do ok with it. But if they have to utilize areas of the parking lot, it will be a complete cluster you know what.