Capital Regiment Play Section

Ice

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i just read this whole post and all i have to say is "Really now?"

I mean seriously. I opened this post thinking it would be a good discussion about the "play" section in our show this past summer, but apparently a constructive conversation was too hard. Honestly, I don't care if you thought that our show was bad or whatever. 1) You weren't a performer and 2) Your not a judge, and if you are then you should evaluate the way you address things on the internet. So I don't mean to sound mean but your opinion is pretty much worthless. How about before you start a post up "Ice" you think about everyone your going to affect by what you post. Because I was a performer in that show and I loved our design team. But despite my apparent bias to the show.... by calling a big portion of our show fluff and mediocre you not only attack me (which i take personally) but you attack 134 other kids, and a 15+ staff.

Your topic is a personal attack on the organizations ability to produce and execute a show, and i'd be a fool to just sit back and watch you bash all these people. so my advice to you is to stop posting. Don't respond to this post. Just stop. becuase right now I'm sure no one wants to hear what you have to say or your fake apologies.

Geoff

A Proud member of Capital Regiment 2006

Edited by DrumCorpsJewBoi

If we are reaching the point where it is unacceptable to state a negative opinion on any corps other than the Cadets without being called a jerk, we're left with only one option.

Moderator, close this whole Board.

The difference is that it is perfectly ok to express a negative opinion...until you act tlike a pompous jerk about it. The line is drawn there.

back on topic...

the singing felt kinda cheesy...but with ralphs genius writing...the movement itself was a lot of fun...if youll listen close at the beginning...you can hear "pop goes the weazil" and the "nanananabooboo song" (no clue what its really called) and right before the movement starts you can hear a bicycle bell...

and about...8:25 (in the season pass recording) it sounds like...the song from where in the world is carmen san diego when they are showing carmen going across the world, america or whatever on the map

Edited by davidfromthepit

If we are reaching the point where it is unacceptable to state a negative opinion on any corps other than the Cadets without being called a jerk, we're left with only one option.

Moderator, close this whole Board.

Thank you. Not everybody is going to love your show, learn to take critism. I agree the way he said it might have been wrong but none the less it's his opinion.

So I was initially hesitant about the vocals being mic'd. I just wanted to hear the mellos play it, but on the first APD, it sounded incredibly well balanced and natural. However, all the subsequent recordings sounded like all the other mic'd vocals so far. Canned and out of place. As for the rest of the song, it was supposed to be light hearted and fun and it was. As far as the original poster not getting it. Maybe his wasn't the happiest of childhoods...

So I was initially hesitant about the vocals being mic'd. I just wanted to hear the mellos play it, but on the first APD, it sounded incredibly well balanced and natural. However, all the subsequent recordings sounded like all the other mic'd vocals so far. Canned and out of place. As for the rest of the song, it was supposed to be light hearted and fun and it was. As far as the original poster not getting it. Maybe his wasn't the happiest of childhoods...

haha. My childhood was happy.

Edited by Ice