Looking for some history on 2 valve piccolo sopranos

Doing some looking back through old old emails, I was told by the seller that mine was used by the Crossmen.

I also saw a note in the other thread that there was one that went for $1250 on Ebay. Dang I got a GOOOOOD deal on mine. Only $150.

Edited by MiniSopGuy

The Generations used one in 2000. You can hear it in Carmen.

I'm pretty sure Freelancers '91 used one. Although it was just for a solo and basically worn on the side of the uniform until it was used. I'm not sure of other years. It was a DEG 2 valver in G from what I recall. The short guy dangling between the Contra and Baritone player was the one using it.

Yuk!

I guess I'm the only one with one of each! Darn I have alot of toys :)

I bet you don't have one of these... This is only the second 3 valve G Picc that Kanstul made. The slotting and intonation is unbelievable.

end_of_year__06_007.jpg

I believe Frank Ponzo of the Cabs used one in '95 in the solo in Malaguena.

Very good John.......yes I did, and I still own it. I'm just waiting for Larry to write something real cool for it to be used in the Alumni Corps!!!

The Reading Buccaneers asked me to borrow it for one of their numbers the following year I believe (1996 or it could have been 1997)...I believe they used it for their arrangement of "Adventure on Earth"

Mine is a Dynasty, with the same adjustable tuning bell that someone prior had mentioned.

I also believe that St. Ignatius Girls used these very same Piccolo Sopranos back in the late 70's as well.

Cincinnati Glory borrowed a 2-v picc to use in '99.

Yes Cozy......the very same Piccolo that I own. If I remember correctly, you borrowed that from me as well!!!

Doing some looking back through old old emails, I was told by the seller that mine was used by the Crossmen.

I also saw a note in the other thread that there was one that went for $1250 on Ebay. Dang I got a GOOOOOD deal on mine. Only $150.

You think YOU got a good deal???

Mine was found in someones attick, and when the couple got divorced, the wife asked me if I wanted to buy it....I told her "HELL YES" and she sold it to me for $100!!!

Top THAT!!! LOL

I bet you don't have one of these... This is only the second 3 valve G Picc that Kanstul made. The slotting and intonation is unbelievable.

end_of_year__06_007.jpg

Wow that's cool, and no I don't. Looks like an Eb with a pic bell. Kanstul is a genius. Is it easier to play than the 2 valve ones? The intonation issues make me really work get the notes consistant.The last time I used it was in a duet in Nightmare before Christmas with a pic and contra duet b**bs

Mine was found in someones attick, and when the couple got divorced, the wife asked me if I wanted to buy it....I told her "HELL YES" and she sold it to me for $100!!!

Top THAT!!! LOL

Sounds like we were both "right place right time" for a deal.

Top THAT!!! LOL

While I can't beat the dollar amount my Heritage pic was bought from a local music store that had a dozen horns stashed in their upstairs storage area since the late 70's.So in 1999 I bought the pic for $125 brand new still in its plastic.I also bought the other 11. B)