NEW ALL-AGE CORPS IN CHICAGO

All are welcome to stop by and check out Chicago's newest all-age corps, the Men of Brass.

Next camp will be the weekend of March 10th & 11th starting at 10AM.

Wisconsin State Fair Park (Tommy Thompson Youth Center).

8100 West Greenfield Ave.

West Allis, WI 53214.

This is a full field exhibition corps that will be performing an exciting program of jazz, dixieland and big band selections in the style of Col. Truman Crawford arranged by Kenny Norman.

Hope to see you there as we work on the opener "Basin Street Blues".

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All are welcome to stop by and check out Chicago's newest all-age corps, the Men of Brass.

West Allis, WI 53214.

This is a full field exhibition corps that will be performing an exciting program of jazz, dixieland and big band selections in the style of Col. Truman Crawford arranged by Kenny Norman.

Thats Great!!!!! Any of you guys from the old "Chicago Connection"

Yep, we have members who marched with the Chicago Connection, Des Plaines Vanguard Jr & Sr, Norwood, Royal-Airs, Cavaliers, Kilties, Scouts, Boys of 76 and even the original McHenry Men of Brass.

Good deal I competed when Chicago Connection came to DCA they were Unique to say the least and entertaining as heck.

Good deal I competed when Chicago Connection came to DCA they were Unique to say the least and entertaining as heck.

Good Luck!!! Hope its a wonderful experience for all that join.

ChiCon79.jpg

Wow that's great stuff Good luck!!!

West Allis, WI 53214.

I don't get it. If this new corps is from Chicago, why do you practice in Milwaukee? Isn't Milwaukee about 150 miles north of Chicago?

My guess is probably the same reason the NEW YORK Skyliners practice in Dover, NEW JERSEY! Availability of rehearsal space. Doesn't change who you are.

I don't get it. If this new corps is from Chicago, why do you practice in Milwaukee? Isn't Milwaukee about 150 miles north of Chicago?

Chicagoland itself is pretty huge. Im sure many of the former Royalaires for example as well as Kilties are used to travelling great distances. Sometimes its just a matter of who has a connection to someone who can get you a rehearsal venue.