3rd Annual Texas Drum Corps Preview

There may be rain on Saturday, and I heard that there was an alternate location in case of bad weather. Anyone want to share an official word on that? I don't want to step on anyone's toes and release information that may or may not be true.

It looks like Brent put the rain location on the information page on our website so I guess that makes it official.

According to that the rain location is the Performing Arts Center at the NEW Manor High School, 12700 Gregg Manor Rd, Manor, TX.

Click for map

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Brent put the rain location on the information page on our website so I guess that makes it official.

According to that the rain location is the Performing Arts Center at the NEW Manor High School, 12700 Gregg Manor Rd, Manor, TX.

Click for map

We're still planning on the capitol and have our fingers crossed. On Saturday afternoon (after rehearsal) I'll be sitting inside Starbucks on Congress @ 10th St. with my laptop watching the radar. We will make the call around 4 or 5 p.m. whether to move the event to Manor High School and will notify corps staff immediately. That should give everyone time to get up to Manor which is about 30 minutes from downtown. Contact your corps directors for details and instructions. And yes, we have maps to Manor High School posted on the website. www.austinstars.org/txpreview

DIRECTIONS FROM DOWNTOWN AUSTIN: Take I-35 NORTH to U.S. 290 EAST towards Houston. Go past the new 130 toll road, past Parmer Ln. (F.M. 734) and pass the OLD high school on the right. Look for a Cheveron gas station on the left just before the first light in Manor which is Gregg Manor Rd. Turn LEFT at Gregg Manor Rd. Go 1/4 mile and the NEW high school will be on the left. Busses and equipment trailers and trucks, go past the school and turn left into the back driveway. Go around and park behind the performing arts center and the band hall next to the tennis courts.

Again, this is IF we decide to move in case of bad weather. Keep in touch with your corps directors.

Edited by Mark Time

Very cool-Thanks!

GCS has the trailer packed, we are ready to go!!! See everyone tomorrow!

How'd it go?

It went awesome!! Great job everyone involved in producing this great event, and of course special thanks to Brent for all his hard work.

Great weather (no rain and nice temps), GREAT CROWD (didn't count them all but at least 1000 plus). It might be tough to get a review as most of the audience probably weren't drum corps types but just bystanders and probably don't check out DCP. They certainly enjoyed the corps however, and the mass corps at the end rocked (at least from the line)!!

Looking forward to preview 4 next year!

B)