How awesome was Scott Stewart?

First off I'll say that I consider the Scouts my family. I would never discuss the finances of my family (mother, brothers, sisters or the Scouts on a public forum).

Perhaps the thread should have been entitled,"Let's just say nice things about Scott Stewart". I don't think anyone has been negative about Scott the man. Rather, there have been some opinions and ideas presented that give a different answer to the thread's question.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked on a food truck one summer.

Reasons for having a food truck:

1) There's a lot of equipment, not to mention food that needs to be moved around, per housing site, per meal. Four meals a day, seven days a week for many, many, many weeks.

2) When staying at a middle school, church, dorm, community center, or public library, there may be poor kitchen facilities, if any at all. Much less 100% access 100% of the time. And then there's the question of who gets the facilities when sharing a facility with another corps.

3) You generate a lot of trash and the Dumpster is closer when you're outside the facilities.

4) You can sometimes park next to the rehearsal field. So the members and design staff can save time and effort when taking a meal break.

5) The members have the option of NOT losing weight during their summer break.

Reasons for NOT having a food truck:

1) If you are well connected, the VFW's feed you at every location, they pay for the food and they do the dishes. This rarelly happens for most corps. At least the ones I've marched. Although that one or two days during your three months of cooking four meals a day, seven days a week, it's much appreciated. Especially when there's about twelve hours of dishwashing to do per day.

2) When touring through Arizona, you're in the middle of a shadeless, black asphalt parking lot in 109F+ outside with 375F ovens running inside a basically enclosed box called the kitchen.

3) You're closer to the ice machine(s) when inside the facilities. And there's aircondtioning.

4) Everyone loves cold cuts, PB&J, and cereal for every meal. </sarcasm>

5) The pit gets majority time useage of the pit cart.

TO ALL :

As the original poster - Please let this thread die.

My original intent was for this to be a positive thread about Scott Stewart. I feel that sometimes he gets a bad rap on this site. This thread has taken a bad turn. I have received some personal messages supporting my views, but others feel that this will end up being an airing of dirty laundry.

I would not want this to end up being negative or detrimental.

Scouts will be great this year.

Thank you.