Vegas Videos

Jak

Has anyone seen the Vegas Videos on wgi.org? What about Fantasia? That kid does a rifle toss, it hits the ceiling, bounces off the ceiling, and lands 30 feet away across the floor. Crazy! It's a miracle no one was hurt.

Besides that, they sure were droppy, weren't they?

Yeah they were droppy - but look at what they are doing. That kind of difficulty will sometimes result in a couple of drops (plus there's still almost 2 months left to the season).

And the rifle that hit the ceiling - look at what the guy is doing underneath. He picks up a girl and bring her up and above his shoulders - just wow :worthy:

I can't make out what they're wearing on their heads though (some kind of silver thing??).

Anyway - the show looks awesome. Can't wait to see it in Dayton.

Later,

Mike

Sonnor 07

I saw what he was doing. Pretty risky! I've just never seen anyone actually hit the ceiling before.

And I know they're doing a lot. But so are all the top IW guards. They still seemed very droppy to me. Could have been a fluke, though. It happens to everyone.

When has fantasia not been droppy anyways? I think last year was pretty good but other years at finals.....yikes.

someone once told me that in IW as long as you attempted something tricky, credit was usually given to the group. it didn't matter if they dropped or messed up. who knows... this was a long time ago. i have never had an IW guard, so i don't really know the facts.

at any rate, i can't wait to see some IW guards!!

someone once told me that in IW as long as you attempted something tricky, credit was usually given to the group. it didn't matter if they dropped or messed up. who knows... this was a long time ago. i have never had an IW guard, so i don't really know the facts.

at any rate, i can't wait to see some IW guards!!

Well obviously you have to beable to spin but I was told that in World class they award more performance and pushing the boundries, so if you have a droppy show as long as your performance, design, and work are at that level than it wont really be an issue. To me it seems Fantasia has always been droppy, but they are great performers, and can spin the equipment.

The clip of fantasia on Wgi was changed...it no longer includes the solo rifle tosses with the guy hittting the ceiling...

True, the clip is shorter now. Also, Rancho Bernardo's clip has been changed, it no longer has the person who slips and falls.

And the whole not matter about dropping isn't entirely true...

Yes, difficulty does go into it and is considered. But yes, it is better for your score if you catch everything. Dropping can kill effect.

And the thing that the two attempt under that toss is just crazy! I've never even imagined it.

And the thing that the two attempt under that toss is just crazy! I've never even imagined it.

Then you should watch Sonnors 1988 show. We tossed the rifle while the girl in back of us did a handstand. We grabbed her ankles pulled her over to the front and she caught the rifle.

Yeah that was a scary year :poke:

Later,

Mike