how to find a spot to march

I am just wondering if anyone has any advice or stories to share about joining a corp late in the season.

how did you end up there?

what was it like?

also...if anyone knows of any open spots in Div. 1 if you could respond that would be great. Thanks.

I know Blue Stars are still looking to fill a few spots in their brass line...especially baris/euph, but I'm not sure about the rest.

I am just wondering if anyone has any advice or stories to share about joining a corp late in the season.

how did you end up there?

what was it like?

also...if anyone knows of any open spots in Div. 1 if you could respond that would be great. Thanks.

Email the caption heads of as many corps as you want and wit for a call, or kept checking up to see if a hole opens up.

I had marched for two seasons with a corps, and decided to stop marching. Around the first week of May I started to get an itch for drum corps and called up a different corps that was in close proximety and asked if they had any available spots for a contra player. I was surprised to find out that they had a couple, even though this corps was a perrenial finalist. I told them where I marched before, and they gave me the spot right then--no audition tape at all.

It turned out to be a pretty sweet summer. Don't be arrogant about jumping into a corps this late, though. You are the late one. You have a lot to catch up on. I am really glad that I was given the chance to march again that summer......

good luck

Edited by cwillpayne

Pioneer still has some brass spots open. Camp is this weekend and you're more than welcome to come and check out what we're about this year.

On topic...I joined Cap Reg on July 8th. Probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life. Depending on the group you're with though, most people are very supportive and helpful. Be prepared to work hard. Be prepared to be discouraged. But if you go in prepared to quit, then drum corps isn't for you.

Edited by megan_marie15

Be a part of HISTORY!!!

The Velvet Knights are back in 2007!

We have brass spots!!!

PM me if you have questions!

Be a part of HISTORY!!!

The Velvet Knights are back in 2007!

We have brass spots!!!

PM me if you have questions!

Thanks for mentioning your corp...again. this information is great for others on this message board.

Due to family circumstances, i am not allowed to march in a division II or III corp. That is why it is posted only in the division I section.

...long story. anyway...thank you and Good luck to you and all the other div. II and III corps out there.

It was mentioned in a YEA article that the Crossmen have lead spots available . Check out yea.org

Last season, I attended all of a corps' camps and signed a contract, and then left them because they had told me I was an alternate very late in the process (and I wanted a marching spot because I wasn't certain I would march another summer). So late April-May I emailed a bunch of brass caption heads about whether they had baritone holes to fill (at that point distance didn't matter because I would fly to move-ins regardless if I had stayed with my first corps). I sent playing and visual recordings (I got quite a few heckles filming that at school) and sent them off. One of them actually listened to them and gave me a spot for the beginning of move-ins, and two weeks later I was moved in with the corps. And that is how I found my drum corps home, and I definitely plan to age-out with them.