Auburn Purple Lancers

"Atlas" STILL has a band with a couple of original members. They have cut it down to a part time band that does many parties weddings and some club dates, but they still are very good, and quite popular. I bet (former singer) Ronnie Leigh still has some recordings, I would to hear that again myself.

The Atlas version I played in with Ronnie was IMHO quite the best club band around the upstate NYS scene in the 80's. We had many originals, and covered some great stuff from TOP, EWF, Al Jarreau, Stevie Wonder, Steely Dan et al. There wasnt any weak players in that band, and I wish I stillhad the chops I had then LOL.

But the Purple were a great corps...folded in the winter of 75 with a full corps. Many of us went then to play in a senior corps called Phoenix.

Donny

And don't forget about Power Company! Brian Coughlin (former Greece Cadet member and Patriots Brass Caption) playing trombone. That was a pretty good band in the mid to late 90's. I remember playing the East End Fest in downtown Rochester with a large crowd having fun and then at The Pier in Buffalo with a couple thousand partying up a storm one night.

A little known story about Brian...while working with Patriots, Brian was asked to work with Ventures. He wanted it to not be known so it was all hush hush. The Ventures brass scores improved and they finished the season quite well. What year was that though?

• 16 years later...