A message from CloudHype

This is for all of DCPI!

This has been the most competitive I can remember since FDCI 7, great job to all directors and I hope to see you rookies back for DCPI 8.

Special thanks for:

JohnD and Matt B. for fixing my captions and running a good season. Lots of progress has been made and some new things to come.

Matt Smith, Emerald Regime needs to be back!!!!

Mitch, thanks for being my go to guy and the fine work on the logos.

Gary, the Times rocked and you will now learn the power of the "System" young padawan.

James, you are showing that the last off season was no fluke, congrats!

Bill, you have the off season well under control, good to see VK this season.

Well I'll be on the road and will most likely miss the retreat unless I speed.

See you guys next season ^0^

S.J.

Matt Smith, Emerald Regime needs to be back!!!!

Emerald Regime is returning for DCPI-8. We did a "test" league that was run by one of the directors here at my university (about 50 corps total)--23 of which were Division I, and we won that division. It was hard, because most of the people that played know drum corps too well! He's not ready to run his league again, because there are some bugs to be fixed, but Emerald Regime did not have a season off, they are still on fire, and will be returning to DCPI-8.

Look for their show announcement to come in a few weeks! The corps is taking a departure (for now) from the haunting dark shows, and going toward a more mysterious dark show concept.

Matt Smith

All the Tri-Color corps were definitely missed.

I'm not sure what is going on with Tri-Color, if a certain rule proposal passes (the one corps per division per director), it may have me place Tri-Color in another league, just so they can stay division I, or I may just field them as a Division III corps--because Bleu Knights are staying in Division II.

I am torn, because Tri-Color is a founding corps and has a few more finalist finishes than Emerald, but Emerald has the most high finishes, and has become known for being the classy organization that never lets up. Emerald Explorers (my DII corps that I fielded in DCPI 5-6) have merged with Emerald Regime (the big brother), so that is taken care of.

Tri-Color Organizations are coming back, I have a feeling things would have really been interesting this season had both Emerald Regime and Tri-Color been in the mix.

Thank you for the kind words and interest!

Tri-Colors show was announced a few months ago, but that show has changed due to the status of their division (pending).

Matt Smith

However, I do support the 1 corps, per division, per director proposal... I will figure out how to make it work for me and the corps. I may just field Tri-Color during the off seasons as D1, and have Emerald Regime be my live season corps, since they do well at that time. Now, if we add a REGIONAL division I classification, I will have Tri-Color perform in Regional Division I.

I've already go a proposal for that, and it deals with having it be a few less shows than regular D1 corps, starting with a few less points (somewhere in between the D2 points and D1), and only getting a bonus point for every 5 shows performed in (until you reach 3 bonus points). It still keeps corps in "Division I" and I know how some directors feel about "folding" a corps that has been around a while, that is why I am creating this proposal to allow regional division I corps. Could a regional D1 corps make it through all the champion rounds? who knows, but I do think they could still be competitive and at least make it to semi-finals with a lot of hard work.