Regulation Practice Gear

Back in 1976 we had to be navy blue tops - I cannot remember if our bottoms also had to be navy blue.

I believe Ralph Pace thought during the winter months (basics) it would help the staff get the consistency they were going for. When I see the tape of the documentary done for Channel 4 it's very noticeable when they show the guard.

Also that year just prior to tour the rifle line decided to buy the same sneakers - but that was a sectional - let's do something together type of thing.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Body Amore should take this on. UV protected sports wear. Skin cancer does kill or deform. ack!

4 oz mini Camel bags also should be utilized while doing a run through.

Mom

I have worn a cowboy hat on the practice field many times... :grouphug:

Once wore a cowboy hat, a snare drum, and nothing else! :P

I know one of the corps I taught had to wear white t-shirts to rehearsal before tour.

As everyone here knows I am sure, it can be an issue in drill when you get used to looking for Fred's red hat when guiding to a spot, then when everyone is in uniform and looks the same, problems arise LOL

I remember vividly our first dress run thru in 89 in uniform, was a little messy to say the least.

It has nothing to do with stiffling creative energy - it has everything to do with functionality. Most corps members don't wear shirts during rehearsal, and the shorts are either section based or a set color (so the staff can quickly see what section is where).

However, I've often joked that New Balance should look into sponsoring a corps - I'd say more than half the baris wore them when I marched.

And Gatorade. Wouldn't that be nice? :)

It has nothing to do with stiffling creative energy - it has everything to do with functionality. Most corps members don't wear shirts during rehearsal, and the shorts are either section based or a set color (so the staff can quickly see what section is where).

However, I've often joked that New Balance should look into sponsoring a corps - I'd say more than half the baris wore them when I marched.

And Gatorade. Wouldn't that be nice? :)

Back when I marched, we used to say that instead of having Yamaha, Dynasty and other instrument logos on the side of the equipment truck, we should see more Chap Stick and Gold Bond.

Edited by Disco Pete

If you're talking about anything relating to SHIRTS, then you've already lost my interest. Anything entailing me having to wear one in drum corps while I rehearse = no.

Suit yourself, but most radiologists and dermotoligists would strongly advise against getting burned by a thermo-nuclear generator like the star we call the sun. Malignant melenoma is not a cool thing to have. Not many patients survive it. Good luck.

Edited by Piper

Suit yourself, but most radiologists and dermotoligists would strongly advise against getting burned by a thermo-nuclear generator like the star we call the sun. Malignant melenoma is not a cool thing to have. Not many patients survive it. Good luck.

Wait a second. I think I remember something being invented-- what was it called again-- star--no--sun screen? Yeah I think that's it. I heard it has varying levels of protection to protect people from certain amounts of UV radiation when exposed to the sun. I mean, I could be way off, but I think it's been around for a while...