If electronics were legal...

it describes it, no?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But as of now, MME DOES equal Drum and Bugle Corps, since there is nothing that has changed it (down to the core) from anything else.

To say that Marching Music Ensemble equals drum and bugle corps is not accurate. It's like saying Sport = Basketball, or Rock N Roll = Van Halen.

It would be accurate, and true, if you said that drum corps is a kind of marching music ensemble, and basketball is A sport, or Van Halen is A Rock n Roll band.

Edited by madscout96

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you can't deny a political motivation towards homogeneous ends.

I stay out of politics. sorry.

To say that Marching Music Ensemble equals drum and bugle corps is not accurate. It's like saying Sport = Basketball, or Rock N Roll = Van Halen.

It would be accurate, and true, if you said that drum corps is a kind of marching music ensemble, and basketball is A sport, or Van Halen is A Rock n Roll band.

that is true if we were speaking in absolutes. For the purpose of what YEA! was doing, was a marketing ploy to attract others who don't know the activity, want to learn about the activity, etc. to make it easier to understand. they are not saying they are not a drum and bugle corps any longer, just giving another description.

that is true if we were speaking in absolutes. For the purpose of what YEA! was doing, was a marketing ploy to attract others who don't know the activity, want to learn about the activity, etc. to make it easier to understand. they are not saying they are not a drum and bugle corps any longer, just giving another description.

By giving it another description (one that wont scare people away, and believe me drum corps has), it will attract more people and, almost as importantly, more sponsors.

But, seeing as The Cadets are the only people calling themselves a "Marching Music Ensemble", and they are a drum corps, FOR NOW, MME = DC.

By giving it another description (one that wont scare people away, and believe me drum corps has), it will attract more people and, almost as importantly, more sponsors.

But, seeing as The Cadets are the only people calling themselves a "Marching Music Ensemble", and they are a drum corps, FOR NOW, MME = DC.

Exactly.

For staying out of it, you just stepped in a big pile of it. <shrug>

This is political? I didn't reallize that congress, or the senate, or the president changed the way an organization advertised themselves to the public. huh, must've missed that part.

A marketing ploy that they didn't stick with for more than 24 hours, for some reason.

This is political? I didn't reallize that congress, or the senate, or the president changed the way an organization advertised themselves to the public. huh, must've missed that part.

It's drum corps politics.