SOLD OUT!

After posting on a previous topic, I got to thinking about Drum Corps show capacity.

WHAT IF DCI had such a large fan base, that they could easily sell out a venue like the RCA Dome or Gillette Stadium? I realize that it's already a challenge to sometimes fill the seats they already offer. That's why this is a big What If. What do you think would change? How would a Corps have to adapt? Would there be ajudication changes? Personally, I believe that the shows would become a lot more 3-Demensional to appeal to the new location of the audience.

ALSO.....

What if DCI attempted to sell out a stadium in the near future (next few years).

Example: If DCI opened all of the seats in the Rose Bowl for sale. They're trying to sell out the stadium so they offer general admission for 5 dollars. The closer the seat is to the 50, the more expensive it is. So the Super Seats would run about 75 dollars MAX.

Would this still be profitable to DCI considering profits from Concessions, Vendors, DCI merchandise units etc.?

I can only imagine the chaos.

would become a lot more 3-Demensional to appeal to the new location of the audience.

The jet packs are ready?

The only way that more seats being open to the audience would affect how shows are designed is if the judges were also moved so that they viewed the show from more angels than the front of the 50.

Last time I was a show in San Diego there were 3 fans, 2 beanie babies and broken pony ride in the stands. The ambulance crew off to the side was bigger.

Not until ticket prices come down to 5 bucks or free increasing attendance doesn't have a chance.

That's why I like the parking lot.

Mom

I think shows would have to adapt to be enjoyable from more then one angle, I remember going to many indoor shows and fall marching band shows and wishing I was in the front bleachers to get the show the band/corps/drumline/guard is trying to portray.

I think shows would have to adapt to be enjoyable from more then one angle, I remember going to many indoor shows and fall marching band shows and wishing I was in the front bleachers to get the show the band/corps/drumline/guard is trying to portray.

Yeah, this is a good point. But shows won't "adapt" on their own. But if the judging was chagned so that part of GE was judged from each angle then they would and this would allow for selling those seats.

First things first, though. Lets make sure we have the demand for those seats before we change the rules. Max out the front sides of bigger and bigger stadiums, and then look to change the rules to accommodate any overflow after that.