To DCA Members and Fans Who Like G Hornlines

"Adopt A Corps"

I saw a post over on the DCI forum about Pioneer being the last Div I corps currently using G bugles. The poster basically suggested to “put your money where your mouth is”. I started thinking about this and began to think that he is right. If we are so hardcore about liking the G horns, we should support a corps that has the same ideals.

I am sure that down the road they will probably go to Bb and F horns, but right now they continue to fight the good fight and play on G horns. To that end, I decided to give them a helping hand. I went over to the DCP sponsor board and looked up Pioneer people who posted there for sponsorship. I decided, since I am a sop player, to help out the sop players that posted there. I contacted the corps to make sure they were still members and have sent in a sponsorship donation for all four of them. It is not much, but I hope it helps.

***MY CHALLENGE TO YOU***

I challenge each of you to find at least one person in Pioneer that plays in the same section you play or used to play in, and send in a sponsorship for that person. If you do not see anyone on the sponsor board from your section, you can contact the corps and I am sure they will give you a name of a deserving member. They may be a perennial 23rd or 24th place corps, but if we truly think G is a tradition not to be lost, lets help the last Div I corps competing using G horns.

Here are some helpful links:

Corps website:

http://www.pioneer-corps.org

Corps email:

dbcpmilw@execpc.com

“SOPY” Member Sponsorship form:

http://www.pioneer-corps.org/support/SOPYLETTER.pdf

I would have to agree. I know that I, along with some other purists, have withdrawn financial support of corps NOT using G Bugles. This hasn't had any real effect, however.

I would be more inclined to donate money to the Pioneer's general operating fund or equipment fund if the corps made some sort of statement about their intention to stay in the key of G.

I love this idea. :)

"Adopt A Corps"

I saw a post over on the DCI forum about Pioneer being the last Div I corps currently using G bugles. The poster basically suggested to “put your money where your mouth is”. I started thinking about this and began to think that he is right. If we are so hardcore about liking the G horns, we should support a corps that has the same ideals.

I am sure that down the road they will probably go to Bb and F horns, but right now they continue to fight the good fight and play on G horns. To that end, I decided to give them a helping hand. I went over to the DCP sponsor board and looked up Pioneer people who posted there for sponsorship. I decided, since I am a sop player, to help out the sop players that posted there. I contacted the corps to make sure they were still members and have sent in a sponsorship donation for all four of them. It is not much, but I hope it helps.

***MY CHALLENGE TO YOU***

I challenge each of you to find at least one person in Pioneer that plays in the same section you play or used to play in, and send in a sponsorship for that person. If you do not see anyone on the sponsor board from your section, you can contact the corps and I am sure they will give you a name of a deserving member. They may be a perennial 23rd or 24th place corps, but if we truly think G is a tradition not to be lost, lets help the last Div I corps competing using G horns.

Here are some helpful links:

Corps website:

http://www.pioneer-corps.org

Corps email:

dbcpmilw@execpc.com

“SOPY” Member Sponsorship form:

http://www.pioneer-corps.org/support/SOPYLETTER.pdf

Already played this game.

The Troopers a few years ago put a BIG puch on to get money advertising that they were buying a NEW set of G horns.

"Troopers were America's Corps." - "Staying with Tradition." Etc Etc. I supported them in everyway possible. Put ads all over the web and such.

Well they they did buy the horns. Now YOU can buy one. They are all for sale on the Troopers site. They are now Bb. Just like the other Brass Band Theater Groups. DCI say's that either horn is OK. But it seems that anyone useing them ends up near the bottom.

I say support ANY group you like. But don't do it to prove a G vs Bd thing.

Been there. Done that.

Kudos for your effort! I hope the Pioneers make a ton of cash. Great idea!

Edited by Smoothy

Just to clear up a couple things. First I have no affiliation with Pioneer. Second, I am not saying donate to the general corps fund because they use G horns. I am sure they will go Bb/F when they become financially able to do so.

What I was intending is to donate to specific people in the corps to help make their dues/tour fees so they are able to have the opportunity to march in a corps that currently uses G horns.

Think of it like this.....sponsor a kid, not a corps.

I have nothing against Pioneer, I love them to death, but why is everyone just focusing on Pioneer. There are other corps that are still playing Gs. I am a member of one of those corps. Most members of every corps need help with dues no matter how small of a corps they march. If you are going to do this you should focus on all corps that still march Gs. There are not that many left but there is more than just Pioneer. Also, you should contact the corps or go to their website, because not everyone is on DCP.

Well, in that case, #### that. I'm sure that Pioneer, too, will play band instruments as soon as they can....then they can go to hell with the rest of those band corps.

I don't think you need to get so hustle. I have no clue if Pioneer will ever go B flat, I'm pretty sure they won't unless someone forces them to. I was just stating that everyone should give to G corps equally and not single out one G corps.

I have nothing against Pioneer, I love them to death, but why is everyone just focusing on Pioneer. There are other corps that are still playing Gs. I am a member of one of those corps. Most members of every corps need help with dues no matter how small of a corps they march. If you are going to do this you should focus on all corps that still march Gs. There are not that many left but there is more than just Pioneer. Also, you should contact the corps or go to their website, because not everyone is on DCP.

Well the original poster did say:

Pioneer being the last Div I corps currently using G bugles
That makes me think he was only looking at Div I touring corps. Also, he said:
If you do not see anyone on the sponsor board from your section, you can contact the corps and I am sure they will give you a name of a deserving member.
Which is the same as you said in your last sentence.

Cool idea. Even if Pioneer changes to Bb later, at least some "current" generation kids will get to experience playing on a G bugle.