Harrisburg Looms!

because we share two members with the Golden Eagles, who will be competing, we will only be able to exhibit.

Is there a MCA rule in effect that disallows players from competing with more than one corps?

Just curious ...

Andy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a MCA rule in effect that disallows players from competing with more than one corps?

Just curious ...

Andy

Hey Andy,

I dont think it's a matter of a rule dissallowing members competing in 2 different corps, I think it's a matter of those persons not wanting to compete in 2 different corps at the same time. Kinda like a conflict of interest.....

I guess it would be like you competing with the Skyliners, then 20 minutes later taking off your uniform and then competing with the Caballeros. There is no rule aginst it, just a conflict of interest.

You gonna be in Harrisburg? If you are, I look forward to seeing you there....

All my best,

Edited by FPonzo

Andy in kick pleats and sombrero???????.........Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimbalaya

Just curious ...

Andy

I'm personally not concerned about there being any conflict of interest. We're in this for fun, and we want to see everyone have their full compliment of players.

I'm just trying to respect everyone else's feelings about this. And, at at the same time, trying to make sure that we put forth our best effort for the show, and ensure that our players get the most they can from the experience.

Edited by brassomaniac

All my best,

See ya there Frank... :blink:

Donna and I will look for you! b**bs

Tony B)

Hey Andy,

I dont think it's a matter of a rule dissallowing members competing in 2 different corps, I think it's a matter of those persons not wanting to compete in 2 different corps at the same time. Kinda like a conflict of interest.....

I guess it would be like you competing with the Skyliners, then 20 minutes later taking off your uniform and then competing with the Caballeros. There is no rule aginst it, just a conflict of interest.

All my best,

Thanks for explaining, Frank ... I understand the competitive nature of the biz and conflict of interest issues ... too bad Capitol Brass can't compete though ... the "free spirit" exhibited between them and Mass Brass in Bridgeport was uncanny ... no, I won't be making the Harrisburg trek ... enjoying my "retired friom drum corps" status ...

See you in Clifton ...

Andy

I'm personally not concerned about there being any conflict of interest. We're in this for fun, and we want to see everyone have their full compliment of players.

I'm just trying to respect everyone else's feelings about this. And, at at the same time, trying to make sure that we put forth our best effort for the show, and ensure that our players get the most they can from the experience.

I will say this, there have been several years of the DCA mini corps contest at I&E where players have been in more than one group, so it has been done before, and, While I do respect your decision to bow to the senior corps in this case, the same case could be made for the "New Corps" on the block.....................

I will say this, there have been several years of the DCA mini corps contest at I&E where players have been in more than one group, so it has been done before, and, While I do respect your decision to bow to the senior corps in this case, the same case could be made for the "New Corps" on the block.....................

Thanks Gary!

I guess that it's really up to GE and the two players involved.

I think that the developing comradarie among the mini's is healthy for the activity, and it'd be great for everyone to just play and enjoy the show.

After all; playing TWICE in this great event is a BONUS!!!

I'D DO IT!

That said; we really LOVE these guys and don't want to put them in an uncomfortable postion.

And we also know that we're part of something BIGGER about the happen at this historic event.

So, whatever the case, we're gonna be there to JUST PLAY!!!!

Edited by brassomaniac

Andy in kick pleats and sombrero???????.........Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimbalaya

HAHA ... I don't fit the Caballero mold? ... LOL ... I remember when Flowers was teaching Reading and Baltimore and marching with both (1963 I think) ... interesting to see him running down the sideline changing uniforms when they appeared back to back ... OH MY!!!

Andy "One corps minded" Lisko

R//O//A//D////T//R//I//P//!//!//!//

Beware Chizek!!!!!! :P

b**bs

Edited by capitalbrassdbc