Traditions

What i was looking for was small deviations from the uniform that can not and were not seen by the judges

especially in the DCI and DCA corps of today

and how far do the judges get... how close can they look.... can a pendent the size of a dime be seen by a judge

and will they really deduct point if it is not on every person??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i was looking for was small deviations from the uniform that can not and were not seen by the judges

and how far do the judges get... how close can they look.... can a pendent the size of a dime be seen by a judge

like i said, many DCI corps have special thing for their age outs at their last show, I&E SCV Green plume.

Way back when they used to deduct points for non-uniformity, but not so much anymore

You mean like the drum majors wearing black cadets while the corps wore red cadets?

Or a yellow battle jacket for the drum major while the corps wears a black battle jacket? Or a star pin worn on the collar that you get once you've got at least one season under your belt, and a slightly different star pin to signify a 5 year member? Or the use of an individually selected brooch, even one with the gem removed and the mounts for the gem wrapped around the mouthpiece of a fallen comrade? Or the drum major wearing some sort of mammoth bear skin looking shako while the corps wears tams or at least modified barets.

Or ageouts marching out of finals retreat without shoes?

Or pink Hippos in Contras?

Or Contra anything for that matter since most head gear doesn't play well with Contras. And they're odd enough people that they'll wear converses to shows as a section, even though the corps official footwear is a different type of shoe.

maybe back in the days of inspection and the tick system and all that stuff. but that was ages ago. i don't believe anything as far as deducting points if not on every person has been done in probably about 30 years or more.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Leonard, what's up?

One of our girls has a tattoo of our logo on her calf and ripped a hole in the fishnets to show it off. Not only a smart marketing move, but a wise decision as well.

I HIGHLY recommend this.

Your pal,

Mike