Traditions

I love the Governaires current uniforms. Classy and tastefully colourful.

I like it as well. Very close to Pioneer it seems less the Police hat

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Guardsmen Drum & Bugle Corps had a few distinct uniform parts.

1) Section leaders had orange plumes.

2) Members with more than one year in the corps had "rank" patches that signified each year of marching on the sleeves.

3) All drum majors wore "Riding Boots" as in horse riding boots.

Are these the examples you are looking for?

YES YES this is exactically what i am lookinf for any other things such as this from other drum corps

Crossmen Xtreme carry on two traditions of the Crossmen

Maltese Cross and the Aussie :huh::huh:

Edited by BassClef8vb

Sky's jackets have always had a NYC and American Legion patch on the left arm.

Not always, after the "66" Nationals, the Legion patch was gone for awhile.

The clothes we wear are called "Uniforms" . Enough said. There should be little to no distinction. In the Marine Drum and Bugle Corps, Everyone wears the same red/white uniform without any rank or distinction, other than the belt buckle. NCO's use the NCO EGA belt buckle. They do wear their medals, but they do not signify rank. Only drum majors should wear rank or other regalia.

Except for 1966!

That was one wild retreat!!! Drum sticks being thrown at the American Legion National Commander...Genero throwing the Hurcs second place trophy at the Crusader drumline...The Yankee Rebels facing the far corner of the stadium playing "Dixie" making the crowd go wild...Skyliners and the Hurcs blocking the exit from the field...Cabs and Crusaders joining ranks to march off the field...Police everywhere!

There wasn't any trouble the next week in Bridgeport for the DCA Finals. They kept the corps away from each other and had police between the corps on retreat. The Air Force D & B corps exhibition was fantastic!!

Some people think those were the "golden days" of drum corps. I think the "golden days" were whenever you marched! 40+ years in drum corps has left me with some wonderful and exciting memories.

Wink

Actually...

In DCI many age outs have something special about their uniforms, IE, SCV= Green feather.

Singing the corps song before a performance.Did that in jr and now :)

I know, one of the traditions that went by the wayside, is the inspection of the corps. That was done before the corps even went to the field. There were points deducted for things such as loose threads, stitches missing etc. I not really sure when they decided not to include the inspection anymore. Seeing that awesome picture of Sky reminded me of that.

don't forget points deducted for unshaven faces. :)