Kudos to Cozy

Quoted from Cozy's recent article:

"Every corps has Rodins, "thinkers," I'm sure. How about uniting; toss out kernels of ideas? DeKalb fertilizer may be passe, but grow DCA and harvest corps. For the energy some spend slamming individuals, sometimes corps, that same inertia could form think tanks, round table discussions, conference calls, etc. to evolve DCA even more."

Constructive Idea #1

Each corps gives up two hours of rehearsal time before a show to participate in a standstill concert with other corps competing in the evening show. This could be done at a local park, amphitheater, etc., and would help promote the activity and the competition. The show host could advertise the concert in the weeks leading up to the show. Free admission.

Your ideas?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Every corps has Rodins, "thinkers," I'm sure. How about uniting; toss out kernels of ideas? DeKalb fertilizer may be passe, but grow DCA and harvest corps. For the energy some spend slamming individuals, sometimes corps, that same inertia could form think tanks, round table discussions, conference calls, etc. to evolve DCA even more."

Constructive Idea #1

Each corps gives up two hours of rehearsal time before a show to participate in a standstill concert with other corps competing in the evening show. This could be done at a local park, amphitheater, etc., and would help promote the activity and the competition. The show host could advertise the concert in the weeks leading up to the show. Free admission.

Your ideas?

Sounds like a Loud Music Symposium to me. :doh:

That was fun in 2005 in NC! :)

Constructive Idea #1

Your ideas?

From a spectator point of view, that would be a gas!! I would love to see something like that happen during show days. :doh:

Sounds good. Only issue is the chops on everyone, especially those who perform first in whatever show it is.

It also sounds alot like I & E which is totally fun, but some directors, opting for that extra hour or two of rehearsal at the end of the season, forbid their members from joining in on the raindeer games.

I know the Renegades have often tried to get corps to participate in things like that. It's been difficult. One of my MOST happiest memories of all the years in Renegades was the mudpit throwdown between CVs and Renegades and I wasn't even playing an instrument.

I would think the logical time to do this would be at the END of the evening,,when everyone in the corps and the fans have nothing on thier minds except having some fun and adult beverages..

Perhaps a organized parking lot jam after the victory concert?No rules except for playing order,,just clean fun.Sorta like how things are done at finals.

I would think the logical time to do this would be at the END of the evening,,when everyone in the corps and the fans have nothing on thier minds except having some fun and adult beverages..

Perhaps a organized parking lot jam after the victory concert?No rules except for playing order,,just clean fun.Sorta like how things are done at finals.

Not a bad idea, but an after-show concert does not get new fans into the show. That's what we're talking about here. Expanding the activity, raising awareness and nurturing the growth of all corps. A pre-show concert would be more likely to get new fans to the gate.

Constructive Idea #2

Regional program books. DCASouth is doing this this year. All corps sell ads and split the production costs. There is no need to produce multiple programs that are only going to be used one time at one show. It's a small step, but it is one way for the DCASouth corps to support each other.

Sounds like a Loud Music Symposium to me. :blink:

That may be true. I'm not familiar with how LMS works other than what was done in NC in '05, but LMS did not mark the first time this has ever been done. It was being done, to some extent, in DCI in the 80's and 90's.

The ideas posted here do not have to be completely original. The thread's subtitle only asks for constructive ideas. :)