Are there many corps affiliated with other corps?

Other than feeder corps, are there many instances of corps that have financial ties or bonds with other corps?

I seem to recall hearing that Madison Scouts had an all female corps that was tied in there somehow, but don't quite understand?

And somehow I think Southwind was under Madison Scouts umbrella-but how did that work?

With so many corps from what I hear having ties to American Legion and VFW, and so many having names that sounded similar, were any of those connected somehow?

from Corpsreps.com:

The Madison Junior Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps [Madison Scouts cadet corps], and the CapitolAires All-Girls Drum & Bugle Corps, both of Madison, Wisconsin, finished successful 1994 seasons. However, new recruiting for 1995 for the CapitolAires lagged, while the Junior Scouts were drawing well.

On April 2nd, 1995, the corps held its annual Open House. The Junior Scouts performed first, followed by the Kilties and then the Madison Scouts. Immediately after the Scouts’ performance, Scott Stewart announced that the CapitolAires would go inactive for the 1995 season, and that the all-male Madison Junior Scouts would join with their membership to form a new corps. This new co-ed group would be under the direction of the Madison Drum & Bugle Corps Association, Inc., and Keith Gee, who had been the director of the Junior Scouts for several years, took the leadership of the new corps. Thus was born Capital Sound Drum & Bugle Corps, or Cap Sound for short.

Southwind and Capital Sound were both part of the Madison Drum & Bugle Corps Association (the governing body for the Scouts) but both are now completely independent and doing quite well. Other corps have had ties to VFW or AL posts, Catholic Youth Organizations, Police Athletic Leagues or Boy Scouts troops...as far as other corps, I think the ones you mentioned are the only instances of that, but there could be some.

In 1963 the Anaheim Scouts split into two corps, the Velvet Knights and the Anaheim Kingsmen.

Mystikal was formed under the Dream Sr. Corps umbrella until they became independent this year (or last year, I forget)

Edited by corps fan

Two corps that aren't around much anymore:

In 1991, the Emerald Knights from Cedar Rapids and The Knights from Geneseo, IL merged for a year to become Knight Command. The following year, the two corps separated again, with EK becoming Nite Express, and the Knights going back to being who they were. Because of this merger, the two corps continued to have somewhat of a friendly rivalry for the following few years.

Two corps that aren't around much anymore:

In 1991, the Emerald Knights from Cedar Rapids

You are a God!!! I took classes with a guy who marched Emerald Knights, Nathan Barret. that dude can just rip on jazz charts. one hell of a trumpet player.