Everyone started the season with high scores and as the season progressed the scores dropped. example... Hurcs started the season around an 80. ended with a 66.7

twas a weird season !!

hi Vic, yeah thats what Im talking about!

in your opinion what was the most incorrect Championship score the Hurricanes ever were given?

I have the coolest recording of Hurcs playing themselves off after retreat, Carlisle 1976

you can hear each section go by I was standing right on the field with a mic pointed at them.

(the stuff a kid could get away with in '76!) I will upload it to POCM someday soon.

you know what is cool is the Conn Alum website intro

deleted

Edited by BeinGreen

• 2 weeks later...
I dont believe the corps performances were 20 points worse from one year to the next.

Was '74 a different system?

Was it real scoring as opposed to inflated popular numbers in 80s-90s?

Did corps complain or protest?

I always wondered.

I went through DCI judging changes in '83 that made scores drop, it was depressing.

1 Hawthorne Caballeros 83.500

2 Reading Buccaneers 82.150

3 New York Skyliners 77.350

4 Rhode Island Matadors 70.350

5 Rochester Crusaders 67.950

6 Connecticut Hurricanes 66.700

7 Yankee Rebels 65.950

8 Long Island Sunrisers 59.700

9 Guelph Royalaires 56.550

10 Erie Thunderbirds 54.640

11 Hanover Lancers 45.100

12 Emmaus Sentinels 43.050

in 1971 dca added 5 points to the scores of every corps because the scores were low. the judging was a lot tougher in those days. in 1974 the night dca was held the weather was cold. i believe it affected the lips on the hornline. as for me being a drummer i know it affected the drumlines. all the drum scores were low. i remember in 1972 in chigago we....the crusaders.... won the al championship with a score of 82 something. they used real scoring. the next week in schenectady we came in 3rd wth an 88 somthing. if i remember the corps in 74 didn't actually get better as the season progessed they got worse........although nobody will admit it.

Edited by donincardona

Hi Don!

Are you saying all corps got worse or just CRU? I remember Colin cut the snare line from 10 to 6 and it was tres clean!

Hi Don!

Are you saying all corps got worse or just CRU? I remember Colin cut the snare line from 10 to 6 and it was tres clean!

hi bill. i was in the drumline. i remember the coach doing that. remeber we took high execution drums at prelims. i think that all the corps went downhill that year. i really can't explain why but it just seemed like all the corps had execution problems. i mean it's just my opinion.

how you doin anyway? i haven't seen you in 27 years. i live in ft. myers fl. now. been here for 20 years. been sick for about 10. bad heart.

• 1 month later...

I remember it was in my price range all summer!