2005 The Cadets - Liquid

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Hroth, that show had amplified voice in it. How can you possibly like anything from a show that features amplified voice!?? That's sheer blasphemy.

"Next stop, The Zone"

At that point, the amplified voice had been kept to a minimum, and the narration had not yet been put in place. The Bjork segment and the drumspeak were also different and more subtle, to the point where I barely noticed either. Oh by the way, I like the drumspeak.

It's original, it's independent of Equus and was only inspired. Listen to the two songs, similar styles but the writing is all different

So was last year's "original" piece that was "inspired" by Jim's New Life from Empire of the Sun, but there's no denying that when you base a song off of familiar theme's from another, it's not entirely independent or can be considered a completely original composition.

So was last year's "original" piece that was "inspired" by Jim's New Life from Empire of the Sun, but there's no denying that when you base a song off of familiar theme's from another, it's not entirely independent or can be considered a completely original composition.

OK....someone change the title of the thread to; "Liquid; one of the best almost original compositions inspired by another work but still pretty different in tons of ways...EVER". So back on topic...I actually dont like equus that much, but i do like liquid. The beginning sections last a little long for me, but I think its all done in an effort to make the big hits towards the end that much better. Possibly my favorite section of that whole show was right where it modulates into E minor and the trumpets take over the melody again in the new key (before the umbrella). I loved stopping at that section because i was right in front of the trumpets, and stopping there meant i got to hear them hold out that chord, in addition to meaning that i didnt have to run the next 3 sets where I was hauling ### across the front of the field.

I think we can all agree that Jay Bocook is amazing.

Yup. He arranged for my marching band and wrote some pretty spectacular stuff. Probably why I'm a Cadets fan in the first place.