1994 Crossmen

I love the trilogy that the Crossmen put on the field from 92-94 and was wanting to know something.

What was the lullaby type song they started with in 94? and I think I heard somewhere once that they only marched half of a tour this year, is this true?

Thanks.

I love the trilogy that the Crossmen put on the field from 92-94 and was wanting to know something.

What was the lullaby type song they started with in 94? and I think I heard somewhere once that they only marched half of a tour this year, is this true?

Thanks.

32 recorded scores for the year ... but they didn't start until July 1, which can be the case some years depending how young the corps was (high school get's out late on the East coast). I don't think they'll have that problem in SA.

Lullabye? You mean Land of Make Believe? Chuck Mangione!

They started late that year. From what I recall, they switched directors during the winter from Carl Ruocco to Ester Messano, which bogged things down a bit. There may have been some personnel defections after that, but again, I wasn't around that year so I don't know any specifics. All I know is that it took them a while to get up to speed and they did have a late start.

The Lullaby at the beginning of the show is one of my favorite Crossmen brass moments ever. It's so subtle and beautiful and controlled and very well performed. I'm thinking it might be a Barbra Streisand tune? But don't quote me on that. I'd love to find out more about that piece as well...perfect way to begin that show.

Thanks everyone! You helped me out a bunch!