1994 Crossmen

And we had maybe 46 horns in that line! Tough year with all of the changes, the almost folding, a lot of new staff.

That answers previous post.

Hopefully the traditions stay alive and thrive in Texas, but the problems (like membership woes and money troubles) die in the hot Texas sun!

BOOTS!

I really enjoyed that arrangement of "Pop goes the weasel".

The drumline had some nicely written parts.

I remember hearing that drum line groove with that ride cymbal. Sweet!

ok so something else i could use some help with...what was the name of the baritone solo from 92 (the opening like minute and a half, before appy morning). I just really like this trilogy...sorry. :)

That was "Begin, Sweet World", I believe by Richard Stoltzman.

If I remember, that started out to be a mellophone solo in the winter camps. Steve Wands was the baritone soloist that ended up playing it. He was also the soloist in the Crossmen 1990 closer "Now or Never", and is the Jersey Surf Brass Caption Head...

"There was a show somewhere early season and we just finished the ballad and I heard Barry yell "YOU CAN START PLAYING NOW"! "

Hibbing, MN....I will never forget that one...

A buddy of mine from high school was in that snare line. I remember him talking about all the uncertainty, but it was his dream to march in a Mark Thurston-led Crossmen snare line, so he was seeing it through no matter what.

I always got the feeling that show was underappreciated at the time, in all areas, especially after the more "in your face" style the corps had the previous few years.

Edited by Tekneek

"There was a show somewhere early season and we just finished the ballad and I heard Barry yell "YOU CAN START PLAYING NOW"! "

Hibbing, MN....I will never forget that one...

I was at that show! I think my corps was still warming up when you were on, so I didn't hear it myself, but one of our staff members saw it and heard it and told it to us. wow...

BTW... This thread about Xmen 94 suddenly made me remember something. In 1994 at the show in Port Huron Michigan, I was across the street from the stadium after the show, where all the fast food restaurants are, and I came upon a disposable camera. It still had alot of exposures in it. So I decided to take it and take pics with it for the rest of tour. After tour got done, I got them developed and found this picture that was taken before I found it...

Xmen94.jpg

Do any of you know this person? Are YOU this person??? If so, I may have found your camera.. .:)

Edited by madscout96

Do any of you know this person? Are YOU this person??? If so, I may have found your camera.. .:)

Don't know who he is, but I posted it on the Alumni Forum for you.