Need help...symbol in Magic drill

It definitely is a variation on the Egyptian Cross (intended or not). Considering what their 2002 show was titled, and the source music--it doesn't surprise me that they would use such a symbol in the show. There are some deeper meanings to that symbol that I will not get into on this forum. :)

"The Wind and the Lion" (lots of middle eastern melodies/harmonies in that source music).

Edited by Matthew

It definitely is a variation on the Egyptian Cross (intended or not). Considering what their 2002 show was titled, and the source music--it doesn't surprise me that they would use such a symbol in the show. There are some deeper meanings to that symbol that I will not get into on this forum. :)

"The Wind and the Lion" (lots of middle eastern melodies/harmonies in that source music).

I looked up your "deeper meanings" about the Ankh. Very interesting. :beer:

I knew what the cross looked like, I just thought maybe this was something else.

Hello, I accidently posted this in the Historical section, but here it is.

I need help identifying this symbol. It was used in Magic's show in 2002 (Desert Winds).

magicoforlandosymbol.jpg

I'm pretty sure it is some kind of Egyptian symbol. If anyone can help me identify it I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

for what its worth, i thought magic '02 was definitely underscored from the box as far as visual goes, and i disagree with spirit coming out on top of them (they switched spots all 3 nights). ::shrug::