WHO WROTE MAGIC'S DRILL IN 2003!?!?!?!?!?!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could add 2003 Seattle Cascades to that list, with being the 3rd hardest drill--IMO, I think it was much harder to march than Magics drill, which looked "easy"--after performing our show, I would have longed for having Magics drill that year. We had Myron Rosander (some of his stuff was nearly impossible to march--even for a top 5 corps, so it was re-charted) and Marc Sylvester (more effective drill, but again, difficult as well) drill, all in one show... Go figure.

i know it LOOKED easy....thats the point. :P insane amounts of work with little to no effect.

i do agree though, that seattles drill was unnecessarily difficult and extremely exposed (those vertical files are the first things that came to mind). as i continually post on here, i think the quarters brass scores were accurate, with magic being in 7th and seattle being in 8th. seattle falling 6 or 7 spots in brass in one night is one of the most blatant examples of slotting by the judging community; magic beat CROWN by a TENTH OF A POINT on semis, as well. absolutely ridiculous. you guys sounded great in '03; it really sucks that the cd i have with that show on it is scratched in two of my favorite parts. :(

i saw the glassmen around....8 times in 2003, and somehow i dont think i ever saw their show without seeing someone fall. the show itself was ok; its been a while since ive heard or seen it, but i remember feeling that it was pretty average and nowhere near where they could have been. the programming simply just seemed like a corps performing someone else's show; someone else's sub-top-12 show, that is. pretty generic design. amazingly hot guard though, if i may say so myself.

Edited by Jared_mello