Educational DVDs

WGI has been making some educational DVDs that they sell. I really wish DCI would do the same, I would totally buy educational dvds with the top names discussing show design, visual design, music design.....

Discuss.

I think it also has to do with the mission of each organization.

DCI is a governing body made up of the corps, designed to support those corps. DCI as an organization allows each member corps to do the educational thing as each sees fit, and assumes that the staff members who are hired are compotent and have enough knowledge to make it a successful experience for the members.

WGI sees spreading the educational knowlegde to those who are new to the activity as an important part of its mission.

This has a lot to do with the nature of the groups performing. DCI has fewer units, all independent organizations. WGI has many more units, most of whom are associated with high schools.

Also, it is not uncommon for a group with an instructor with no experience to come to a compotition, and WGI has made those resources available so that those groups who wish to become better have that opportunity.