Bucs Spring Preview

now if someone can have a long tawk with Mother Nature to be sure no Nor'Easters come thru that weekend all will be good. i really don't care to experience another 9 hour ride again. <**>

The past two years we've had pretty good weather the day of the Preview. Let's hope our luck holds up this year. :)

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK this is off the drum corps topic and more in the out of state tourist category, but I didn't see that forum.

Those of you from out of state may want to travel up the road, (if you get there early or are staying overnight), to the country's first, manufacturer's outlet in West Reading off of Route 422 West.

The VF Lee outlet is probably the best bargain ever. Top quality stuff at literally half price. Our family makes a couple of trips a year for kids clothes. I buy Lee jeans there and shirts. My wife buys some stuff (unmentionables :huh: ) and jeans and shirts, socks, etc. If you're a NASCAR (go #9 Kasey Kahne) fan, they have a lot of licensed NASCAR wear at half price.

I believe I have even seen the occasional Hawaiian shirt there. (I've never understood the attraction )

The savings are great. It's close, and outside of the Buccaneers the only reason to visit Reading.

Just a tip, if you're looking to make the visit to the Reading area and the Spring Preview worth even more than it already is.

There are other manufacturer's stores there also, but for clothing of all types and seasons the VF Lee is number 1.

Edited by Martybucs

But Marty...........I thought YOU were her only unmentionable........... :sshh:

Jimbalaya

OK this is off the drum corps topic and more in the out of state tourist category, but I didn't see that forum.

Those of you from out of state may want to travel up the road, (if you get there early or are staying overnight), to the country's first, manufacturer's outlet in West Reading off of Route 442 West.

The VF Lee outlet is probably the best bargain ever. Top quality stuff at literally half price. Our family makes a couple of trips a year for kids clothes. I buy Lee jeans there and shirts. My wife buys some stuff (unmentionables :huh: ) and jeans and shirts, socks, etc. If you're a NASCAR (go #9 Kasey Kahne) fan, they have a lot of licensed NASCAR wear at half price.

I believe I have even seen the occasional Hawaiian shirt there. (I've never understood the attraction )

The savings are great. It's close, and outside of the Buccaneers the only reason to visit Reading.

Just a tip, if you're looking to make the visit to the Reading area and the Spring Preview worth even more than it already is.

There are other manufacturer's stores there also, but for clothing of all types and seasons the VF Lee is number 1.

But Marty...........I thought YOU were her only unmentionable........... :sshh:

Jimbalaya

Not sure what that means?

However, if you saw her and then looked at me you would definitely wonder what the heck she's doing with me. She's a babe and me... well, I just make everyone else look good if they're standing next to me. It's why God put me here. :P

Hey Marty,

Steel City Ambassadors have been working very hard to present the most enjoyable program to their many fans within the drumcorps community.....A renewed committment by both management and members has helped the Ambassadors program move forward with energy and fulfillment of the corps 2007 goals....

The 2007 program will consist of:

Black Saddles

Land of Make Believe

Children of Sanchez

America

All Night Long

National Emblem

There may be a few suprises in personnel and presentation and the Steel City Ambassadors are working extremely hard for the drumcorps performance @ the Reading Spring Preview....

I personally am looking forward to seeing a few old friends within the ranks of the Bucs....

Respectfully submitted by,

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

John,

All the Bucs that used to be in Steel are excited to have yinz guys coming out to Reading next month. Glad to hear that Steel is doing well.

Hey Marty,

Steel City Ambassadors have been working very hard to present the most enjoyable program to their many fans within the drumcorps community.....A renewed committment by both management and members has helped the Ambassadors program move forward with energy and fulfillment of the corps 2007 goals....

The 2007 program will consist of:

Black Saddles

Land of Make Believe

Children of Sanchez

America

All Night Long

National Emblem

There may be a few suprises in personnel and presentation and the Steel City Ambassadors are working extremely hard for the drumcorps performance @ the Reading Spring Preview....

I personally am looking forward to seeing a few old friends within the ranks of the Bucs....

Respectfully submitted by,

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

Great suggestion. It's actually the Downingtown Exit, sorry I don't know the exit number. The exit puts you on PA route 100 and there are some newer places on 100 South of the turnpike. Hampton Inn comes to mind.

I beleive the Downingtown exit is 312

Edited by Gloveman

Great suggestion. It's actually the Downingtown Exit, sorry I don't know the exit number. The exit puts you on PA route 100 and there are some newer places on 100 South of the turnpike. Hampton Inn comes to mind.

So nobody gets confused, the show is at Twin Valley HS, off the Morgantown Exit. There are hotels off the Downingtown exit to the east and the Reading (my interchange) exit to the west. The Reading Interchange (which actually puts you into Denver) has a holiday inn, and red carpet inn right off the access road.

There are a number of hotels in Denver, at the Reading interchange (exit 286). Also, along route 272 in Adamstown are some amazing antique shops, if that's your thing, and Stoudt's -- a wonderful microbrewery along with a great pub menu and the Black Angus restaurant.

There's also a Holiday Inn off the Morgantown interchange (Route 10), which is connected to a rather large home furnishings outlet center (which opens at noon on Saturday and Sunday), so if you're looking for some furniture, come to Spring Preview a little early and shop!

Regardless of where you stay, eat or shop, we hope to see you at the Spring Preview!

Click Here for Directions