JAPAN IS SUPERIOR

I'm sorry, but if you think that rivals div I DCI then you must be blind.

Sure it's neat for what it is, but "superior" it is not.

Looks about on par with some BOA finals bands. Some, not all. Would anyone here honestly compare a BOA finalist to a DCI finalist? I think not.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loveddrumcorps--are you the same guy that responded to me on YouTube whose dad was a VK instructor?

I am. He is on DCP, but I don't know his name, believe it or not. I'll have to ask him the next time I talk to him.

BTW, Your from Brea? Geez that has been a long time. We used to live in Diamond Bar. Before the 57 (freeway, now that's a while ago), I remember having to drive (OK, parents drove) through Brea to get to my Grandparents house. Back then, the late 60's and early 70's, there was just rolling hill after rolling hills, and loaded with trees and brush. I haven't seen the area in 30 years. I'm sure that whatever I imagine, it's not even close to how much it's changed. Are you still in the area?

I'm sorry, but if you think that rivals div I DCI then you must be blind.

Sure it's neat for what it is, but "superior" it is not.

Looks about on par with some BOA finals bands. Some, not all. Would anyone here honestly compare a BOA finalist to a DCI finalist? I think not.

ofcourse it deosnt, its highschool and middle scool kids, thats what were trying to say. but they are good. far better than most of us at that age.

ofcourse it deosnt, its highschool and middle scool kids, thats what were trying to say. but they are good. far better than most of us at that age.

You said High School and Jr High, But what about Elementary School? How much of a musician were you in Elementary school. I wasn't a musician....at all. This Blows me away more than musical show I've ever seen. Cause like I said before, Making 60 seven to twelve year olds march, stand on a spot, play scales and music for hours (and this must have taken many hours), is like herding 60 cats. Try herding cats! That would create the ultimate in frustration. I uploaded this elsewhere, but just in case some missed this, here's a DCI Style Japanese Elementary school band.

P.S. - That's not me Screaming in Japanese

You said High School and Jr High, But what about Elementary School? How much of a musician were you in Elementary school. I wasn't a musician....at all. This Blows me away more than musical show I've ever seen. Cause like I said before, Making 60 seven to twelve year olds march, stand on a spot, play scales and music for hours (and this must have taken many hours), is like herding 60 cats. Try herding cats! That would create the ultimate in frustration. I uploaded this elsewhere, but just in case some missed this, here's a DCI Style Japanese Elementary school band.

P.S. - That's not me Screaming in Japanese

I do have to give that to 'em. Marching kids that young and that well is amazing.

I wrote an article about the drum corps circuit in Japan a few years ago after being over there. School vacation schedules don't align between America and Japan, so it will be difficult to make things happen the way some might wish. Also, their national championship in is January.

Was that the year you went with Micro Magic to the Okayama (sp?) Music Festival? If so, I was there with you.